• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Raptor FRRP or FASS DDRP ?

You should not run it through the stock pump too. Some people do but it will only slow the raptor pump down. And, if that stock pump decides to quit then all it is is a restriction in the line. I think most people run a little 2 stroke oil here. I do and I like having that extra protection for the VP 44. Make sure its the ashless type of oil though. The super tech from Wally world works great. I think the mix ratio is 128:1, or about 1 oz of oil to every gallon of diesel fuel.

I go from the tank to a single can filter/water separator - from that to the Raptor - from the Raptor to the stock filter - from the stock filter to the VP 444. I have removed the stock lift pump from the motor. My big line kit only goes from the draw straw to the stock filter. I left the stock lines on from the stock filter to the VP44. I am sure that hurts me a bit, but even when I am towing I take it very easy with this truck. If my temps get up to 1100 when I am climbing a hill while towing, I just grab a gear and back it down under a 1000. I try not to get much over 950 pulling a big hill. The guy a Vulcan said that not putting the big line kit from the stock filter to the VP44 wouldn't hurt with a basically stock set up like I have. But, I think next spring before I start towing again, I put the bigger line on all the way. Just to be on the safe side.Doing research is a good thing. I did that before I did mine. The guys on this site are the best. Everyone is always willing to help. I know I ask a bunch of questions that were very elementary and everyone was very helpful.Yes I have started running the 2 stroke oil. I could notice my pump didn't make as much noise after I started using it.

Oh ok thanks again Utah Dually!! I was reading that wrong before involving the stock pump versus the stick filter ? speaking of elementary questions lol I have one of my own. I do not have a fuel pressure gage on my truck also something I'll be adding to the old girl anyways I need to test the fuel pressure. How do you use a Fuel pressure tester?? I know I know probably pretty elementary but like I said I'm very new to the Cummins! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question on the tester. Never used one. I bought my truck and put the three gauge pod on right away. That was one of the things everyone recommended doing first, so I that is what I did. The one thing that improved the performance on my truck more than anything was putting the 4" exhaust on. WOW what a difference.

Yea something else on my list of to do's in this truck. I've had mine about a year now went to Arizona and back to Mississippi towing a car did not have one issue. The only thing I've had to do to her is I recently replaced the starter contacts. I did put a K/N filter in her but thanks to Mopar1973Man's web site I'll be replacing it with a BHAF soon! The only reason I believe I need a lift pump is because I've always had trouble keeping her running after a fuel filter change. I all ways have to crack the injection lines to get the air out and then it's smooth sailing. Plus i don't her a pump running when I turn the key on but she always fires up? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody has their own preference when it come to mechanical vs electric. I like mechanical, but then I am an old fart, and have been using them for years. I got the ISSO three gauge set from Vulcan. The fuel gauge was a snap, but the pyro took some work. I took the turbo off just to make sure I wouldn't get any crap in it. Routing all that stuff up thru the A piller wasn't fun either. But I am too old to be standing on my head under a dash. LOL

I guess I would say a boost gauge is not really mandatory. I just like mine because I can keep an eye on how shes running. I also use it when I'm trying for mileage as well. I would say a pyro is necessary if you do any kind of towing or hauling. You want to keep an eye on those exhaust temps as much as possible. Don't want to melt your motor down just because you couldn't see how hot it was getting. Also, if you spring a boost leak or something isn't running right with the turbo, it will show on both the boost and pyro gauges. I also use the pyro for timing shutdown of the engine. You always want to let the EGT's cool down to about 300 degrees before shut down or its real hard on the turbo bearings.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of questions asked here. I will throw my 2 cents in. #1 do you know that if you switch your ignition to start, (Just tap start but do not start), the fuel pump will run and pump for 20 seconds to prime the filter and flush all air out through the return. #2 I am pure stock, as you are and prefer the boost gauge over the pyro as being stock you will never overheat. Start boosting over stock, definitely get the pyro. #3 fuel pressure tap? Vulcan sells a banjo bolt for the vp44 that has a 1/8 inch pipe port on it to tap in a pressure gauge. #4 my system for a stock upgrade increases fuel flow by 250%. I cut off the stock 5/16 fuel line just out of the tank Slipped 3/8 fuel line onto it. From there went to a slip on fuel strainer can. From there to 3/8 slip to #12 jic fitting into the Raptor 100, out of the raptor through 3/8 fuel line to the stock filter using new 3/8 banjo fitting and continue on to vp with same 3/8 banjos. All banjo bolts are drilled out to same bore as the bore in the 3/8 banjos. 5/16 I think. (found the aftermarket 1/8in tapped banjo bolt was not large enough) You can buy after market banjo bolts with a larger bore. All after market parts bought from Vulcan performance.

• Like 1