• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

sport headlight conversion help

ok i did this thead the way it said to do it. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/3311-The-moment-you-ve-all-been-waiting-for-quot-SPORT-QUAD-HEADLIGHT-CONVERSION-quot i got the driver side done and went to test it on my 99 ram 1500 4x4. i was told on another fourm the 1500 and 2500 lighting conversion was the same. anyway i ran into a small problem. the harness works ok. only small problem is the dimming switch is backwards. when the blue high beem indacator is on the dash its on low beem. and when the high beem indactor is off its on high beem. can someone tell me what i did wrong and how i can fix it? :duh::shrug:

Jon,Just so I am clear, did you use the pdf for wiring diagram for this conversion?If so, it sounds as though you have the low and high beam wires either backwards at the conversion connector (CC), or at the relays. Basically, when your HB indicator is on, test the wires at the CC and ensure the hot one is going to the relay(s) that power your HB lights.Basically, the VIO/WHT wire from the truck's factory HL harness is the HB (switched grounding) wire. This should go to pin 85 of your HB relay of the conversion.The VIO/RED is 12V and should go to both HB and LB relays at pin 86.The RED/ORG wire is a switching ground signal for the LB relay, at pin 85.It sounds to me that you've just got that backwards somewhere.. You've possibly just overlooked the wiring to the correct relay..

• Like 1

Jon,

Just so I am clear, did you use the pdf for wiring diagram for this conversion?

If so, it sounds as though you have the low and high beam wires either backwards at the conversion connector (CC), or at the relays. Basically, when your HB indicator is on, test the wires at the CC and ensure the hot one is going to the relay(s) that power your HB lights.

Basically, the VIO/WHT wire from the truck's factory HL harness is the HB (switched grounding) wire. This should go to pin 85 of your HB relay of the conversion.

The VIO/RED is 12V and should go to both HB and LB relays at pin 86.

The RED/ORG wire is a switching ground signal for the LB relay, at pin 85.

It sounds to me that you've just got that backwards somewhere.. You've possibly just overlooked the wiring to the correct relay..

yes i did use the pdf diagram. i must of misread one of the wires somwhere so i will go check and do what you told me to check. just small minor problem still pretty good for someone like me that done it for first time. i will say with just with one harness in the light output is much better then the factory lighting was.

- - - Updated - - -

ok i just came in from outside. looks like that is what i did i got the yellow and the green wire reversed instead of the way its spose to be on the wiring diagram. thaks for the help rogan.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ok i got both headlight wiring harness on the truck now. it all dims ok now. but one question it just might be me.but to me looks like when you hit the dimmer switch for high beem. the headlights just blink?? it looks the same as low beem other then high beem is slightly brighter?? and its in the same spot on the road as the low beem? i do have new sport headlights on the truck as well?? shouldnt the high beem when its on be out further on the road then the low beem?? am i missing somthing?????????????