• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The Rv275's will not get you to 400hp,nor will the HX35 without major heat issues. I am in agreement that 400-450 is a good stout daily driver but you will need more injector and more charger to attain that goal safely........Andy P.S.-If you think that 400-450 on ice and snow is fun,try that feat with 600 and a 12v where you can only regulate it with the 4wd lever,LOL.

Yep^^^^^^^^^ I had a BD super B turbo and 90 hp BD injectors with a comp and I was at 450ish with that setup, And even with that setup my egts were plenty high. Too much injector for the little ol Super B.

Am i picking up on the suggestion that the RV275 units are about the top out for a stock hx turbo without a potential egt issue? I mean without having to constantly monitor temps if your towing etc? Am I correct to assume that in stock trim there is just not enough fuel to create egt problems. I would guess so since they did not come stock with egt gauge so dodge would be liable if towing was causing unknown dangerous egts an damaging pistons etc.

• Owner

Well... There in... But... :sofa: Got the truck running and it runs well but when I got back to the shop and it was idleing it missing randomly. So I started looking for fuel leaks and found that #1 injector line is leak fuel right down the manifold and dripping off the back. But all in all it a good boost of power but the leak is my concern now...:rolleyes2:

• Owner

Here is a few pics from the job... Quick easy way to pull injectors using a intake bolt and a claw hammer you can also pry up using a screwdriver which up got to do for 5 & 6. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=179 Here is my stock injectors after 159K miles and 75K miles of 2 cycle oil. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=178 The engine area all cleared out. APPS sensor, Air intake, Grid heaters, and injection lines. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=177

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

No pull from a running vehicle and the O-rings and copper shim replaced... CajFlynn donated the injectors to me... Then another member donated the coppers shims and O-rings (can't remember the name now) As for this morning I went out and fired up the truck and it fired up just fine but still a random miss and #1 tube in leaking fuel... so I'm going to see about polishing the scratch out that I put in the #1 connector tube... If that doesn't work then I'll buy a new tube I guess...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

Well I got the connector tube polished up and scratch is gone and so is the leak but the miss is still there... So I'm going to pull these back out and take a downgrade back to stock... Well I got to admit the power is great but the miss sounds nasty like a old Chevy gasser with bad spark plugs... Back to stock here I come...:cry:

Ok... So I did so calling around and found a diesel shop in Lewiston, ID that willing to pop test these injectors for a few bucks a piece. But he's swapped right now and won't be available till after the holidays... so I got to put my stock back in for now maybe there is hope...:confused2:

I would never ever install used injectors without having them tested and Balanced. Make sure they adjust the pressures as close to one another as possible "Balanced". Call scheids and see where they like to set the pressures at for those injectors andf have the shop set them to that spec.:smart:

http://www.southerndieselx.com/ These guys build injectors.They can put new nozzels on and pop test them to be perfect.I had a buddy of these guys cut o.20 off the body of the injector to match up with my 0.20 12v head gasket thats on my 24v.They are one of the best in the usa.They do things to the injector that others will not take the time to do.Call them to get a quote.You will be happy.

Why would Chris take .020 off of the body of an injector when a .020 over marine gasket was used?. Think about that for a minute....You saying that he removed .020 of the injector body and you added .020 of headgasket,thus moving the injector further out of the bowl.I'd be willing to bet money on him NOT doing anything like that at all.They may have removed .020 of the pintle or added .020 lift to them but cut the bodies of the injectors,I hardly think so as it would only defeat your purpose. MoparMan....Do you think the miss is injector related and if so does it ever go away as you run the truck up the rpm band?.Call Chris down at SDX and explain to him whats going on as I know he can take car of you and/or work on your injectors if needed. When you did the install on the injectors did you make sure to use some anti-sieze compound on the o-ring and bodies of the injectors and make sure they were installed correctly?.I know it sounds dumb but I have seen guys NOT get them properly seated or not use any lubricant when they forced them in and have issues due to the O-ring failing....Just a Thought.......Andy

• Like 1

• Owner

Why would Chris take .020 off of the body of an injector when a .020 over marine gasket was used?.

Think about that for a minute....

You saying that he removed .020 of the injector body and you added .020 of headgasket,thus moving the injector further out of the bowl.I'd be willing to bet money on him NOT doing anything like that at all.They may have removed .020 of the pintle or added .020 lift to them but cut the bodies of the injectors,I hardly think so as it would only defeat your purpose.

MoparMan....

Do you think the miss is injector related and if so does it ever go away as you run the truck up the rpm band?

The miss only occurs when at idle and warmed. With the engine cold its fine. Take off down the road it got lots of power..

.Call Chris down at SDX and explain to him whats going on as I know he can take car of you and/or work on your injectors if needed.

When you did the install on the injectors did you make sure to use some anti-sieze compound on the o-ring and bodies of the injectors and make sure they were installed correctly?

I basically cheated and dip my finger in the oil of the rockers and moped on the o-ring before installing. So they were lubed up.

I know it sounds dumb but I have seen guys NOT get them properly seated or not use any lubricant when they forced them in and have issues due to the O-ring failing....Just a Thought.......Andy

Well like I said I found a local place here in Idaho that will to pop test them for cheap. As a matter of fact I can round it into a shopping trip and make it worth while. As for parts I might have to talk to him about that.

Well I got to admit I'm green to doing injectors... I read tons of article but this is my first... :whistle:

• Owner

Ok... back to stock and miss is GONE! I double checked everything and I got it done in nearly half the time as I did the first time... But I took the truck out and got it nice and warm and brought in back and it just purrs like it use to... Now I'm going to contact Idaho Diesel Tech after Christmas and see about getting these RV275 popped test and fixed up...