• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS sensor

Do I need the whole thing like NAPA part number: 530924. Or is there just a sensor that I splice into, sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it in the search.FYI- my speedo works so it is one of the front sensors. I will be changing out both, just need to know what to get. Part numbers and site found are appreciated.Thanks in Advance!!!

When swapping them make darn sure you keep and don't loose the little tin spacer washers under the factory sensors, you will need to measure the length of the new sensors and make sure they are close to the same length "I just hold them end to end and that will tell you if there is any length difference" If they are the exact same length and it had washers then you will need to reuse them. I have replaced them and had to reuse the factory spacer washer a couple of times and a couple of time the replacement sensors did not require the spacers. Just be sure to not loose them or you could wind up buying another set when the replacement sensors are a wee to long and get ground off the first time you move it.

• 10 months later...

ok, replaced the front 2 sensors because the speedo was fine, after replacing the fronts the speedo woulod not read up to 10 mph on occasion so I replaced the rear sensor with the same brand. spacing was good on all new sensors compaired to old ones pulled out

took it for a drive... ABS and break light went off for a quarter mile from the start then came back on, never going off again after ~10 miles.

Fuses are still good under hood and in cab

Any ideas?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all

Edited by Aggie08

What I ran into one time on my 02 was when I installed new wheel hubs that came with new sensors installed I tried to cheat and left the good sensor on the pickup from the OEM hub and kept the new one from the new aftermarket hub. After the job I had rock hard brakes and the ABS was always kicking in until I figured out that some sensors are not interchangeable with some hubs, I had to pull the OEM sensor off and put the one that came with the hub and it solved my issue. Some hubs have a different # of teeth on the tone rings and the sensor reads and sends the signal differently I guess. There was nothing wrong with the OEM sensor and the measurement was identical so spacing was not an issue.