• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2% Biodiesel and Canola Oil

Thats shocking that you cannot find an biodiesel pump in CA... I would thunk all them liberal bunny huggers would have mandated 100% BD by now...As for runnin' anything through a CP3, I could not say what that would do. I dunno if lube is required for a CP3 at all? Vp44 IP is a totally diff. beast than a cp3.Let alone, you would not be able to just take canola oil from the shelf and throw it right into the tank...With the cp3 pressure thats developed, I would be a little concerned about polymerization as well.

• Like 1

Thats shocking that you cannot find an biodiesel pump in CA... I would thunk all them liberal bunny huggers would have mandated 100% BD by now... As for runnin' anything through a CP3, I could not say what that would do. I dunno if lube is required for a CP3 at all? Vp44 IP is a totally diff. beast than a cp3. Let alone, you would not be able to just take canola oil from the shelf and throw it right into the tank... With the cp3 pressure thats developed, I would be a little concerned about polymerization as well.

In germany thy were dumping conola oil (100%) into their Merz and VW's to evade the road tax. Stait of the shelf- Aldi was sold out- I think thats been a little too frugal. + the cars smelled like a Hamburger Joint driving by.

1. I dunno what kinda of injection pressure those cars run. I would not personally put straight canola in my fuel unless I were to refine it. Older vehicles like the 12v cummins can eat waste veggie oil no problem with a little filtration.2. If your buying canola off the shelf for a lubricant instead of a supplement, I still think you would be better ahead than 2-stroke. In a pinch? Only if it were refined. The vp44 would not like it, I'm sure.If you used it for a source of fuel, that would be spendy... A gallon of canola compared to diesel, thats a huge difference.

I've read about the benefits of 2 stroke oil and especially 2%biodiesel. Since I can't buy that in the ethanol state CA( :doh: surprise !!! ) how about cannola oil to lube that CP3 ? Thanks Hanno

You may not be able to find 2%pump bio, but I bet you can find pure soybean oil at a county farm supply... By that I mean a place where they sell bulk fertilizer, and chemicals. Oddly enough here in NE Oklahoma we only have #2 ULSD?? and pure bean oil is $3.59 a gallon. I plan on trying it in my tractors this summer. As for my truck I`m playing it safe with the two stroke

You may not be able to find 2%pump bio, but I bet you can find pure soybean oil at a county farm supply... By that I mean a place where they sell bulk fertilizer, and chemicals. Oddly enough here in NE Oklahoma we only have #2 ULSD?? and pure bean oil is $3.59 a gallon. I plan on trying it in my tractors this summer. As for my truck I`m playing it safe with the two stroke

Yeah, I got some outboard 2 stroke for now. take care