• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Should I 6.7????

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HiI own a 03 5.9 HO 4x4 and LOVE IT. I have an opportunity to possible get a new truck this summer or fall. Wont go into how and why but will be able to get a new truck.Question:Should I go with the 6.7, or should I just go gas. I know this is diesel place..haha I love my 5.9L (this is my second one). Just without having any peddle time on the 6.7 I thought I would throw it out there.Here we gooooo..haha

I have been looking at the 14 3500 850 tq. srwd. But don't know the hiway mileage at about 65 mph.

• 1 month later...

I had lunch with a buddy who has a 2013 or 2014 Ford diesel today.  His truck is basically the same truck as mine,  diesel, 4x4, 2500, crew cab.  My dash shows 21.7 L/100km and his shows 11.7 L/100Km  WOW twice as good as mine.  I love cummins but Ford certainly has me hands down.

One thing, never believe what the computer in the truck tells you. Always hand calculate the mileage just to be sure. Even if the computer in the ford says he makes that good of mileage, Ill bet he isnt really making that kind of mileage in real life. Hand calculate yours and his, THEN compare :gun:

• 2 months later...

I helped a buddie do the delete on his 08 6.7. We used the Raceme tuner. He is getting a hand calculated 22.4 mpgs empty and loves it. He just bought a 2nd-generation exhaust manifold and an s463.3 turbo and we will be installing it in the next couple weeks. I have driven it and wow. It feels like it can go down the road effortlessly.  

• 2 weeks later...