• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello all i have two Question's about mytruck (the one in my SIG) First Question what tool do i use to remove the "bolt" to check/change my tranny fluid(6spd) is there a special tool cause the bolt is huge inside lol also Where is the best place for a Boost gauge or where did you place your's mine (Installed before i bought it) is on the intake maniflod not the "Intake horn" just to the right of the grid heater and how accurate would this placement make it for measuring Boost? Thanks all look forward to the replys :cool:

Thank's for the Pic stodg73 it is the same as mine just wanted to see where they are generaly placed Also on a side note after looking over my tranny i have discovered mine has the BD Diesel Short Shift kit i was about to purchuse at 250 some odd dollar's :thumb1: Now to find out what i will spend the extra money on :think: I told my Dad a dozen time's it was different then my neghibor's 2001 6spd in some way he said it was all in my head :tease:

• Owner

Nope. same pressure as the MAP sensor or the boost bolt. Just don't have the problem of the bolt being in the way. It's a 3/4 inch pipe plug with a 3/4 to 1/2 steel bushing then a 1/2 to 1/8 bushing for the boost tubing. Just remember the 1/2 pipe plug is a coolant passage and you don't want to mess with it.

Thanks for the Pic Mopar1973man does it's placement there change the Boost PSI number at all begin there?(Just Curious) And for the tranny bolt mine is on the Driverside of and is huge like a 3/4 ratchet will go in and be loose. But it's a hex shape inside :think:

It is an allen head and I believe a 17mm.