• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time Lapse Video: From New Meadows, ID to Council, ID

Well, may be a little off-topic for this thread, but I can attest to the 55mph driving. Took my wood rack off my truck finally and drove back and forth on I-90. Put about 100 or so miles on this tank and 'am at 7/8 full! Which hand calculated, that gives me about 25mpg! :ahhh:Its all highway driving and I've got a bunch of city driving to do soon so obviously its gonna go down. But driving 55mph and getting that wood rack off has helped me a BUNCH! I was avg. 14-16 highway/city. If I can get a cumulative total of 18-20mpg with a mix, I will be happy!Theres one chunk of freeway that up's to 70mph in WA so I take a little risk going 55mph there as WA has a min. speed limit. But other then that, I can stick it to 'em and go 55mph!

• Owner

Me. I would just avoid the interstates and take other highways or roads if possible. I would never drive slower than -10 to what the posted speed limit is. So instead of jumping on the I-84 down in the south to get to Boise, ID I use the back roads and head over through Emmett, ID and pop in the back side of Boise. This route I can hold 21-22 MPG both ways. http://goo.gl/maps/erIVA This route I get 16-18 MPG both ways. http://goo.gl/maps/aoVGr Distance is the same. But the trip is all of ~25 minutes longer. But the saving is huge! I could use Hwy 55 but I'm not fond of all the Boise crowd racing up and down the narrow 2 lane road to McCall, ID

Your arguing about going to slow...are you kidding me? Your inter-state may be maintain, patrolled and swept clean of debris daily. Out West we're a little more diligent. We do not take things for granted!!! We can start out and Mike says, "You've got one coming up on your side." That means I've got a deer or two in the drainage ditch that may surface on the highway. You slow down,of course. Then there are steers (we're open range), bear, turkeys,moose, etc. You slow down because some times they just stand there and look at you. I had a bear that charged into my truck coming home one time. If a driver is flashing his lights at you, it means slow down because some thing is in the road. Now we covered the wild life, but there is still the mountains themselves. They expand and contract during the night and rock and boulders come lose and end up on the road. Land slides are another thing, due to rain or the movement of boulders. So lets take that nifty high speed interstate and throw a few of our daily obstacles at you. If you had to dodge steers, bears, boulders, etc would you still be doing 65 or would you have to slow down. Don't argue with me! Your not going to win this one.

• 1 month later...

Your arguing about going to slow...are you kidding me? Your inter-state may be maintain, patrolled and swept clean of debris daily. Out West we're a little more diligent. We do not take things for granted!!! We can start out and Mike says, "You've got one coming up on your side." That means I've got a deer or two in the drainage ditch that may surface on the highway. You slow down,of course. Then there are steers (we're open range), bear, turkeys,moose, etc. You slow down because some times they just stand there and look at you. I had a bear that charged into my truck coming home one time. If a driver is flashing his lights at you, it means slow down because some thing is in the road. Now we covered the wild life, but there is still the mountains themselves. They expand and contract during the night and rock and boulders come lose and end up on the road. Land slides are another thing, due to rain or the movement of boulders. So lets take that nifty high speed interstate and throw a few of our daily obstacles at you. If you had to dodge steers, bears, boulders, etc would you still be doing 65 or would you have to slow down. Don't argue with me! Your not going to win this one.

This :smart:

When i grew up if onc coming traffic is flashing that means one of two things, 1. there is a cop sitting in a speed trap, or 2. big deer are ahead.

God, i don't know the speeding crazy either, the speed limit on the parkway is 65, and i do 65, and im still getting passed by people who 75-80 and the staties don't care.