• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

my fuel boss install

So after 2 days of working on the truck due to a possible pump and crud in a check valve, i am now running only on the fuel boss for testing and purging. Long story short, i had to run a completely new supply line from the tank as i was not getting pressure. the first new pump seemed to be out of spec and wouldnt prime/pressurize. So after taking half the plumbing apart and inspecting the check valve i found a chunk of crud keeping it open and the fuel boss was hydraulically opening it up further creating a loop to where it wouldnt pressurize. So after cleaning it the system works as advertised! At idle i run ~15psi anything above 1800rpm im @ ~18psi.i tried to bring it down on setting 5 and it wouldnt go past 14psi.I was able to find all the original hardware plus the brand new OEM style lift pump i got back in the day when i replaced the vp but went with the raptor that eventually died. I currently have my system plumbed the way GDP has it in the instructions with the OEM lift pump inline after the check valve to preprime the system and hold as a temp backup in case a belt breaks of catastrophic pump failure.Things i learned from this instal.take your time, and when running the hoses, do one line at a time in sections and "piece" it together. you only have one shot to get lengths right and i had 5' left over (if you plumb to oem steel line from tank).be smart about line placement in engine. i zip tied mine up and out of the way to avoid pitman arm and steering shaft rub.heat the ends of the hoses with a blow dryer, they will push onto the pushlock brass fittings easier. (i put hose clamps on all mine anyways).ensure no lines are kinked, restricting flow.ensure bypass valve is oriented to flow toward the tank on the pressure line from fuel boss (you will destroy your filter lid) <-- this didnt happen to me.ensure check valve is oriented toward inlet of oem lift pump and that it functions properly before install.if for any reason the fuel boss doesnt prime and create pressure within a minute or less you may have crud in the check valve keeping it open making a low pressure loop feeding itself and you wont get the good pressure.belt slack basically i have mine to where you pull the belt to itself gently and it is as wide of a space as the small pulley. looser is better!and most of all,Working with rich at glacier diesel has been for lack of better words, excellent! He next day aired a new pump to me to eliminate the original pump if it has issues and he was very happy to work with me to get this right. He has made a life customer out of me. I have never had such great experience with a business much less the owner as i have working with Rich.I give Rich and his business 5 stars!

Glad to hear Rich helped you out, he is a great guy. I thought hose clamps would damage push-look hose due to the barb style? I have never used a hose clamp and have seen some pretty high pressure in other applications it just plain works.

well cold weather and slippery hands dont get them engaged fully so i put clamps on em.