• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Upgrading further than Raptor pump and 1/2" lines?

First of all, from experience plan on either rebuilding or replacing the fuel filter/water separator drain valve when you upgrade from OEM to higher fuel pressure. I went from 5-10 to 15-20. Had a diesel leak for a few days and finally found the drain valve not shutting off entirely. Why is the drain hose so short? Spills diesel all over the front axle. A longer tube would allow you to catch the diesel when you drain off the water or change the filter. I'm thinking now about adding a filter system. Those element OEM style filters are like $25 and only like 10 microns. What kind of frame rail mounted dual filter system would you recommend. Looks like vulcan performance has a 3 micron filter and water separator spin on dual unit for like $100. Replacement filters less than the cost of a cartridge for the OEM unit. Moving forward from here, what about upgrading the return fuel line and a draw straw? I'm stock, but am still getting a 5 psi swing between idle and WOT. Further reliability, I'm considering ordering a second Raptor pump for 15 minute swap out and then not caring about time for warrenty replacement of the eventual and it seems inevitable failure of even a good pump.

You can get better rated filter cartridges for the stock housing, down to 3-5 micron. I have a filter/pump unit with a 30 micron feeding into the stock housing running a 3 micron. My feeling was if it isn't broken, but if yours is leaking and can't be fixed then it sounds like it's time to get a spin on kit.

Not sure on the stock canister filter. AD64ID could help you more with filters. Cat and Donaldson both make great spin on filters. I run the cat on my airdog with a Baldwin. I run 1/2 from the draw straw all the way to the vp44. I bypassed my stock canister post-11600-138698200522_thumb.jpg