• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dieselsite metal lines HELP

ADawg

Ok So I purchased a dieselsite auxiliary transmission filter setup and after hooking it all up and Teflon taping all the proper fittings I had some leaks I tightened them up so I think I have those sealed now. But my biggest problem are the metal lines going into the filter housing they keep leaking I have taken them off and tightened them back down at least three times the fourth time I think I got it. I will have to crawl under there today once I get home to check. Also in the process of torquing these fittings down I ripped out a bolt on the filter base so I will have to get a new one. Is there something wrong with what I am doing? The ends on the metal lines are flared so I shouldn't have to tighten them down that much to seal them up right? Also when they did leak it was coming around the tube and not the threaded part.:confused013: I am also wondering if anyone knew the possible fittings to convert the metal lines to the push lock fittings and high pressure hose. Any thoughts would be awesome I know its a lot but I hope to find out if I am doing something wrong hear I have been dealing with it all weekend.

If they are aluminum lines you may have over tightened them and cracked the lines at the flare or just behind it under the nut, take the line off slide the nut back and look for a"Hair" line crack, it will literally look like a very small fine hair and can be hard to see. Even galvanized lines can crack fairly easy if over tightened. They can also just mush out to far to seal properly if overtightened as well the nut bottoms out before the flare seats tight at that point.

• Like 1

I used Teflon tape on the fittings they instructed to. But maybe I did over torque them I hope not I will find out later when I get home if it still is oozing I will remove the whole setup and come up with another game plan I guess or use thread sealant like BD's filter setup uses. I dont know. I honestly would like to go with push lock type of setup like the 2 micron fuel setup but I am having trouble gathering intelligence on what fittings I may need.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I have a dumb question I have a filter base with 3/4 inch inlet/outlet ports so will this fitting work 1/2 jic x 3/4 NPTF http://www.hydraulicsdirect.com or do I need to go next size down to fit? I know :cookoo: Thanks