• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coast not working

The problem I'm having is with the cruise ,on and I come to a hill it holds speed but coming down it will gain not correct . So I push the coast button and will not slow down I've also tried it on the flat and coast will not work .The accel botton and cancel does work . I'm think coast button is bad or the cruise servo? I have change the vaccum lines and I have no leaks thanks jim Posted Image 1999 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 2wd 5.9 cummins stock 5 speed

since you are a manual tranny you have no servo. The cruise is controlled by the ECM. If all the other controls are working i would think the coast switch is bad or become disconnected. The clock spring harnes could also be bad. Hopefully someone else knows how to test it. It should not be that hard to do. You have to remove the air bag from the steering wheel to get at it. The bolts holding it are on the back of the steering wheel. This is very important; DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERIES FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO REMOVING ANY AIR BAG TO ALLOW THE CAPACITORS TO DISCHARGE. You need to read about that one in the FSM.

• Owner

During this process you should be able to back probe the clockspring also and see if the switch is working or not. Could be a damaged clockspring or a damaged switch. I doubt is a servo problem because if it was you would have trouble either holding cruise or outright shutting it down.

It might only be the 01 and 02 manual that does not have the servo. My 02 does not have one. It is controlled by the ECM. An easy way to tell is when you set the cruise does the pedal move down or just look under the hood. My pedal stays all the way up when the cruise is set and the tps goes to 0%.