• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

37th Anniversary

dorkweed

Of the, "Greatest Play In Major League Baseball". It happened on this date in Los Angeles, CA in 1976..................can't believe it's that long ago already.:wow::cool:

Can't help but wonder what side the person in the White House would take on this incident??!!!:2cents::smart:
  • Like 3

In '76 I was in Germany working on a chemical plant technology transfer. Didn't see much US TV so I never even recall hearing about this.

It is really a very cool story. :thumbup2:

Were you there or do you remember hearing or seeing it happen at the time?

I dont know about MR. Weed, but I remember seeing it on the news. The Vietnam war was still pretty fresh then. That was a flag that did not get burnt. We in this country can burn our flag, but that does not mean you have to stand back and watch. If you have the right to burn it I also feel you have the right to stop it. Just my opinion.:USflag:

Dripley; i was almost 12 at the time. Probably in school whilst it happened. I remember seeing it on the news over and over shortly thereafter.Evidently there ain't too many baseball fans around here!!!:duh::shrug:Thought this would get quite a few responses!!:clap::ahhh:Sad part about the whole incident.............is that the two "hippies" are probably teaching at some college somewhere!!!!:sick::banghead:

They have tenure now and Jane Fonda would be proud of them. Careful with that hippie word now, I used to be one. We did not burn flags, we burnt other things.:whistle: Never spit on vet either or had any use for anyone who did. My brother served a year in Kon Tum province Vietnam as a medic. Proud of him and glad he came back in one piece.