• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sucking Air!!!!

Thanks! I was thinking about just accessing the tank. Is it easier to lift the bed or drop the tank? When you inspected yours, was the crack pretty obvious? I crawled underneath and was able to sit up under my truck and inspected the module thoroughly with a mirror to see every crevice and could not find anything...

Is your pump remote mounted on the frame rail or on the engine location? Where is your separator? It could even be in the pump if it's before the filter. Or as has been said, the top of the tank module. Steel lines? Rubbing somewhere or rusted? But it must be before the filter.

No it's a fass ddrp. So it's in the original location. I have the stock fuel filter. You know thinking about it, my gaskets on the pump could be leaking on the intake side. That would explain why it would be able to pump fuel with pressure and then as it ran dry air gets in the line until it is able to suck more fuel up.. Should I try buying a module from a wrecking yard and replacing it? Or too Risky because those may be cracked?

Eric, I have found it easier to lift the front of the box. You will need a 15mm socket to do it and a screwdriver to pull the three screws for the filler neck. The 15mm socket fits the six (short box) or eight (long box) bolts. Pull all the bolts EXCEPT the last two in the rear. Just loosen them and they will act as a hinge for the box. Pull the screws behind the fuel filler door and then lift the front of the box. Two guys can lift it or you can use another way to lift the box, but, MAKE SURE YOU BLOCK THE BOX UP!!! Then you can get to things and really look to see what is going on. You probably won't see anything until you pressurize the tank. Use a rag and a blow gun and it works pretty good. The module is real expensive (I was quoted $424 by one dealer) so you might want to explore alternative methods of repair (NAPA epoxy fuel tank repair comes to mind).

• 1 month later...