• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thanks to all that share their knowledge. I just did the valve lash adjustment. Only took 4 hours. Not to bad for first time. Thank you Mopar1973man for your GREAT article with pix. Now onto my next project swap out the injectors for some RV 275. Couple more paydays then back here to get the info needed to do the job. The change in the sound at idle was amazing. Seat of the pants I would say 25-30% better running, seemed to get up to speed faster, will have to be careful already spun tires. Most of the valves were loose. intakes were .012-.013, exhaust .022-.023. I guess not to far out for 217778 miles.THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that wasn't too bad being that the valve lash could be.... Intake - 0.006 to 0.015 Exhaust - 0.015 to 0.030 Some of use run slightly tighter lash settings too. I'm running 0.008 and 0.018. This give a illusion of a slightly bigger cam profile.

Yeah I seen where some like you run tighter, but since this was the first for me I tried to stay close to specs. In the nexst month or two will be installing the new RV275s so maybe then will run the lash to .008 and .018.