• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

killer dowel pin question

On 5/6/2013 at 11:47 PM, Lone Watie said:

All I know is that some early 24V were susceptible to the KDP issue, and some were manufactured with a stepped case which supposedly won't allow the pin to fall into anything critical. Mine is a 1999, so naturally I'm a little concerned, and for peace of mind will be taking a look at it soon. At best, I have a stepped case and I'm safe, at worst it is still in place and either hasn't and won't, or hasn't and will.

If it helps, I have a 1999 and did have the stepped case in mine. But I did go back and re-torque the case bolts just to be safe.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:43 PM, 4Hchugalug said:

What’s the best way to get to the kdp? 

Pull the timing cover off the front of the motor. I pulled the front of the truck apart when i did check mine.