• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who has a shortbed with a superglide?Having trouble figuring out the clearances for things and seein if they will work.Referring from pullrites manual for the #3346 kit, it says that dimension "A" should be centerline of leading trailer edge. What is defined as a leading edge of the trailer? It seems like in figure 1 it means the forward most point of the trailer that could possibly contact the cab. But then in parenthesis it says at the corner. Okay, well my trailer has scalloped corners. If I measure here, the king pin is located in front of the "leading edge".:ahhh:THEN, dimension "B". This works out for me, IF dimension A is good. But if not, that means I have to extend the pin box to remedy A, but then I cannot go over the restrictions of B?My trailers 104" wide. Manual says their #4400 is not meant for trailers over 96" wide?!...this is confusing and frustrating, all in the same. I do not see how this could not work? The guy that delivered my trailer used a short bed duramax with a curt manual slider! Did not even use the slider either!Only thing I can think of is that with the variables involved, pullrite would tell me that they cannot guarantee 90 degree turns......so why waste my time with an auto slider then, when I just watched the delivery guy back my trailer in with a manual! :banghead:

I used a pulrite auto slider on all my trucks. While I can't help you with all the dimension stuff, because I quite honestly never looked into it, my slider came in handy many times at "certain" camp sites where the cornering was brutal.That said, for me (before I knew if I'd need it) it was piece of mind knowing I had coverage if I needed it and didn't have to stop and worry about it or go through the motions of manual slider when the occasion arose. But that piece of mind sure isn't cheap. :spend::lol:I'm selling mine because I want a tag trailer to free up the bed, but if I get another fifth wheel, I'll use the auto slider.Wish I could help with the rest.

I used a pulrite auto slider on all my trucks. While I can't help you with all the dimension stuff, because I quite honestly never looked into it, my slider came in handy many times at "certain" camp sites where the cornering was brutal. That said, for me (before I knew if I'd need it) it was piece of mind knowing I had coverage if I needed it and didn't have to stop and worry about it or go through the motions of manual slider when the occasion arose. But that piece of mind sure isn't cheap. :spend::lol: I'm selling mine because I want a tag trailer to free up the bed, but if I get another fifth wheel, I'll use the auto slider. Wish I could help with the rest.

What hitch do you have? I got some dimensions to provide to pullrite that they will use to crunch and see how much of an angle of a turn I can take.

I have an 18k which I don't think they make anymore. I believe they are 16k or 20k now. It looks like the 20k design. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5486[/ATTACH]

How much you selling it for and what would be included? How many miles? Pullrite rebadged their 18ks to the 20k because they retested it and found there was a negligble diff. between the two. Called pullrite and they said I can do a 90 degree turn on flat level surface. But on uneven terrain it will need to be watched. Then again, how many of those turns will I ever really take...

Answers below but not sure shipping would be worth it.

How much you selling it for and what would be included? How many miles?

$650 plus ride. It will come with hitch parts and the superail install kit (but that is made for 01-10 GM HD trucks). For a dodge, buyer would need install kit (I believe the superail kit is only available for 2003 and up trucks...universal kit for 2002 and down), and plate that attaches to the king pin. It has less than 5000 miles. I used it two-three times a year for three years. Hasn't been used in two years.

Pullrite rebadged their 18ks to the 20k because they retested it and found there was a negligble diff. between the two.

Called pullrite and they said I can do a 90 degree turn on flat level surface. But on uneven terrain it will need to be watched. Then again, how many of those turns will I ever really take...

I used to go camping at a site on the Cape each year and at the Races in NH each year, and at both sites the turns were very tight and terrain uneven. Guess it really depends where you go. To me, it would only take one misshap and I'd be kicking myself lol, so I went for it and it came in handy quite a few times. Of course all trucks and camper combos are different and I never took measurements of mine.