• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Someone needs to straighten these people out

TCW3 is a spec. Not sure if it is a US spec or worldwide? But pick up a jug of 2 Cycle oil at your local shop/store and look for the TCW3 spec. I generally use Valvoline because of availability. I don't live near a Walmart and my local auto parts store carries Valvoline by the gallon.

• Like 1

Thank you JRDidn't know the 'specs' of the Walmart brand, so couldn't cross-reference it with a known brand here.Is 'ashless' a spec for the Two Cycle type lubricants?Will look for something tomorrow.

• Staff

On my other flatbed truck I need to use a paper towel roll as a funnel to get the TCW3 to go in the tank. I noticed that the Walmart 2 cycle oil seems to soak thru the cardboard faster than other brands. Could be thinner stuff, I don't know... but a Walmart is not near me so I'm using lots of other brands.One I like is non synthetic West Marine brand. It's not too bad of a deal if you buy it by the case on their once a year sale price.

• Like 1

TCW3 is a spec. Not sure if it is a US spec or worldwide? But pick up a jug of 2 Cycle oil at your local shop/store and look for the TCW3 spec. I generally use Valvoline because of availability. I don't live near a Walmart and my local auto parts store carries Valvoline by the gallon.

TCW3 is for 2-stroke boat or water cooled craft. You can find the stuff at Canadian Tire. Just look in the boat department. Dave Marty Feldman was cool, He was in Monty Python Flicks! Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Question concerning fuel additives .....Is all TC-W3 created equal ?Cheapest that I've found so far ....... $8.23 per litre / 1.057 U.S. quart. This includes the tax.I'm trying it for the first time in my 1st Generation .... '91.5Have used 'Howes Lubricator' for many years. Would you dis-continue using the Howes ?ThanksGreg

Question concerning fuel additives ..... Is all TC-W3 created equal ? Cheapest that I've found so far ....... $8.23 per litre / 1.057 U.S. quart. This includes the tax. I'm trying it for the first time in my 1st Generation .... '91.5 Have used 'Howes Lubricator' for many years. Would you dis-continue using the Howes ? Thanks Greg

I'm sure there are minor differences but they all have one thing in mind..to lube a 2 stroke without leaving a trail of buildup. In that regards they would all be the same I would think. As far as using it or howes, I would do one or the other, no need for using both.
  • Like 1

'91.5 Dodge W250 with 500,000km ....... got a dose of TC-W3 yesterday. Very much quieter at idle. I'll be hauling about 1100lbs. next week. This is an 800km (500mi) trip. The 'torture test' ........Thanks again for the 2 cycle info.Greg$31.15 per U.S. gallon ...... ouch!Will be shopping around for cheaper TC-W3 ....