.RAR files

sngsht

Do any of you recommend a program to open the rar manual files ? My virus scan scan on the new laptop doesn't like Winrar or Bitzipper ,it deletes them right after downloading,because of a "reputation trojan"? I'd be tempted to overide them BUT, the hardrive on my other Latop crashed on the first reboot, after installing them.. I'm fairly sure it was a older laptop, it was just a coincidence ( or the Big Bro found out I downloaded the CAD files for those 3D printer Gun/AR magazines and burnt me down :doh: ) but rather be safe than sorry..Any advice would be appreciated- Windows 8 is the O.S..Thanks..

I would love to see one of those 3d printer mags in person

Well the files all went with the drive,I should have backed it up :mad: Had one for a AR lower also....All gone....:(

- - - Updated - - -

7zip, WinRAR.. I've been using WinRAR for years with 0 issues.

7zip supports RAR format, as well, and often used by me, as well.

I'll try 7zip, Norton deletes WinRar immediately after scanning?

So does that mean you would have to buy the download all over again?:cry: Sorry Im not of any help to your original question :ashamed:

It was free, DefCad released it free as a open source file-I downloaded it right away before their site got alot of press..I think the Feds have scrubbed their files now (even though it's all legal) but mirror sites are popping them up from time to time..Figured it would be a get it quick deal lol
  • Like 1

-

Sooo Still having problems.. I installed 7ip tried to unzip manual ,no go- gives me the "wrong password" error message..I used "mopar1973man.com" even copy/pasted it as well.. So I downloaded WinRar thru Cnet and that time Norton accepted it(who knows) and got the same message..

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Keep in mind ,I'm no computer tech wizard ,have just enough skill to make me dangerous and this Windows 8 version makes doing things the way I'm used to a bit aggravating..

- - - Updated - - -

i torrented all latest defcad files plus the liberator. i have them all stored on offline devices.

eff the gov.:cool:

Nice!!

- - - Updated - - -

-

Sooo Still having problems.. I installed 7ip tried to unzip manual ,no go- gives me the "wrong password" error message..I used "mopar1973man.com" even copy/pasted it as well.. So I downloaded WinRar thru Cnet and that time Norton accepted it(who knows) and got the same message..

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Keep in mind ,I'm no computer tech wizard ,have just enough skill to make me dangerous and this Windows 8 version makes doing things the way I'm used to a bit aggravating..

- - - Updated - - -

Nice!!

I got it figured out now- even though it was a 64 bit W8 version ,I ran WinRar in compatibility mode and it unzipped it just fine with the same password..
  • Like 1

• Administrator

Back in the day I tend to favor the WinRAR more because the compression of files was tighter than zip and the WinRAR had a really good interface that gave you plenty of options on how you wanted to compress files down for transferring or archiving. Zip is a old time favorite but not a good. Even since the move to Linux I still using WinRAR (through WINE). There is even a Linux version of RAR too. So as for the...

My virus scan scan on the new laptop doesn't like Winrar or Bitzipper

I got tried of all the hassle of virus problems with Microsoft products and moved to a more secure operating system. I use to check files online and then check then against Norton's and if both check out fine then I would go with the file(s). Now with Linux it more like "Check what?" or "Virus? What's that?"

Back in the day I tend to favor the WinRAR more because the compression of files was tighter than zip and the WinRAR had a really good interface that gave you plenty of options on how you wanted to compress files down for transferring or archiving. Zip is a old time favorite but not a good. Even since the move to Linux I still using WinRAR (through WINE). There is even a Linux version of RAR too. So as for the... I got tried of all the hassle of virus problems with Microsoft products and moved to a more secure operating system. I use to check files online and then check then against Norton's and if both check out fine then I would go with the file(s). Now with Linux it more like "Check what?" or "Virus? What's that?"

I gave Linux a short try years ago, but couldn't really get a handle on getting it to play well with anything. I'm just proficient enough to be dangerous :whistle: ,and seem to have a hard time completely shaking the old school bug. Heck if the world was left up to me, Gas engines would probably still be running points, Diesels wouldn't have any Electronic wizardy messing with their simplistic perfection, and Fuel would still be a $1 a gallon lol