• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Frantz Filter Systems

I see that Frantz is a advertiser here. Did a search and latest Frantz entry was like 2009. Any comments on their systems? Would it be advisable to install a fuel filter system under the truck on frame rail?

Anyone install a oil filter system or transmission filter system on their truck?

- - - Updated - - -

Got tired of waiting for an answer, so searched for info elsewhere. Here is an interesting read.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/articles/articles/18/1/Anatomy-of-a-Frantz-toilet-paper-bypass-oil-filter/Page1.html

• Owner

I'm also running a Frantz Filter on my truck. Amazing gal here in Nampa, ID that builds them. Deborah Walker is the owner of Frantz Filters. Very good filter system I change mine out every 5K miles and change oil every 10k miles.

Contact Info.

Deborah Walker - Frantz Filters

208-467-3726

dwalkerharley@wefilterit.com

http://www.wefilterit.com/

post-2-13869820186_thumb.jpg

post-2-138698201866_thumb.jpg

post-2-13869820187_thumb.jpg

The sandwich adapter looks cool, as you can take off a sensor right from the adapter for pressure and/or temperature.

Anyone try a transmission filter or fuel polishing filter?

Any chance of doing a group buy to kick off their sponsorship?

I see it advocated to change the paper roll more often and your oil and regular oil filter less often, like once a year.

Any ideas on how to integrate an automatic transmission filter and a fuel filter? You can't just install in-line due to the fact that these are bypass systems. For oil you take off pressure and return to filler cap (no pressure). So for fuel you'd run your filter outflow to the fuel tank return line? Auto trans from fittings on radiator?

Ok... I gave Deborah another call she has been busy. She hasn't forgotten us so be patient and she'll be here soon to explain her offer. :wink:

Yeah, if it's a decent discount, I'm in. I'm not saying it isn't worth the current price, but it's out of my range.

Don't wanna throw a wrench into the situation, but you guys might also wanna check out the spinner 2. Its probably a little more spendier, but I think you may be able to go longer than with any other bypass filter on the market. Some people have gone 80k miles on an oil change. Yea, I guarantee they have had to fill up many more times. But to have to physically break the oil pan bolt and drain and replace the filter in 80k miles...

They claim if you change the paper every 1,500-2,000 miles and top off the oil, you can go I definitely between changes. I'm still not convinced that's smart? I hear that oil doesn't wear out. Just becomes contaminated. I suppose you could spin off the regular oil filter occationally and shake it out too. :tongue:Do you think the startup at oil changes wears on the motor? You don't get oil pressure for a period...longer than a regular cold startup. Might be another reason to reduce number of oil changes.