• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Screaming Beavers

• Owner

Is it just me or do you have different tires/wheels on in those pictures?

Very good you noticed it. The first load I was having trouble walking over the 3 snow drifts to get the wood with my bald street tires so when I came home with the first load I ate lunch and swapped those on and head back out.

Looks like the beavers are earning their keep as always. Good job. What do you reckon one of those loads weigh?

Stihl 046 Magnum (20 years old) and a Stihl 461 (brand new). Not sure on the weight but even last night the truck was sitting level will a full load. If I was a gambling man I would have to say about 2,200 pounds or slightly more. I was enjoying breaking in the the new saw on some light duty cutting. The first load was only one tree. Second load was 2 slightly smaller trees. All of it is Alpine fir I'm right at about 5,500 feet cutting at the snow line. In a bit I get a picture of the pile in the yard of how much wood I got with only 2 loads.

Very good you noticed it. The first load I was having trouble walking over the 3 snow drifts to get the wood with my bald street tires so when I came home with the first load I ate lunch and swapped those on and head back out. Sthl 046 Magnum (20 years old) and a Sthl 461 (brand new). Not sure on the weight but even last night the truck was sitting level will a full load. If I was a gambling man I would have to say about 2,200 pounds or slightly more. I was enjoying breaking in the the new saw on some light duty cutting. The first load was only one tree. Second load was 2 slightly smaller trees. All of it is Alpine fir I'm right at about 5,500 feet cutting at the snow line. In a bit I get a picture of the pile in the yard of how much wood I got with only 2 loads.

I do like the way these trucks will set level with a big load. When I hauled the 2 cubes of brick in mine, it still sat level. Thats near 6k pounds. I had one cube against the front of the bed and the other against it. It settled on the overloads and stayed there. The truck handled it fine, I just hope I dont have to do it again.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhyCL-ELRxg Nice score!!! Two next door neighbors have asked me if I want their trees when they have the "tree monkeys" come out to take the trees down for them.................one over the electric service, and the other hanging over the house. One is a big maple, and the other is a box elder. Both are close and free; save for my "sweat equity", so all is good. Told both neighbors to just have the guys drop the wood, and I'll cut and haul it away. Both trees are less than 100 feet from my wood stacks!!!!:cool:

Nice score!!! Two next door neighbors have asked me if I want their trees when they have the "tree monkeys" come out to take the trees down for them.................one over the electric service, and the other hanging over the house. One is a big maple, and the other is a box elder. Both are close and free; save for my "sweat equity", so all is good. Told both neighbors to just have the guys drop the wood, and I'll cut and haul it away. Both trees are less than 100 feet from my wood stacks!!!!:cool:
I quit cutting box elder a few years ago, usually half rotten inside, it doesn't spit worth a crap and it stinks something awefull when burned in the stove in the house.

I quit cutting box elder a few years ago, usually half rotten inside, it doesn't spit worth a crap and it stinks something awefull when burned in the stove in the house.

I've been lucky.............the box elder I've gotten dries out fast(less than 6months), splits easily(I hand split), and doesn't smell at all. Are you burning "wet" box elder wood???

I've been lucky.............the box elder I've gotten dries out fast(less than 6months), splits easily(I hand split), and doesn't smell at all. Are you burning "wet" box elder wood???

What I have mostly cut up has been dead and dry for a while already, rarely do I cut up fresh trees mostly already dead and dried before I cut it up. It smells very musty like when burned. If I do cut some up it is camp fire wood only.

This is last tree we cut up about a month ago. That big maple that will heat the house for 3/4's of a winter. I have a 460 and sure do love it. Had to quarter the chunks so we could handle them. Don't use the skip tooth chain much, but it sure was handy to have for that tree.

Nice guys! You guys have some beautiful places to live... Love the working forest. There are many of us, who envy not only your scenery, but the freedom and attitude of your state. Colorado was once like that.:ahhh:**grumble on** city living... pfft! country boys like me shouldn't be stuck in the big city but its my own fault... **grumble off**

The last couple of pics remind me of a Big old growth cotton wood a friend and me tried to cut down with my 20" 036 Pro, took out a huge notch as far as my 20" and I were comfy with and then walked around the tree and made a complete circle 20" deep around the tree and then my buddy pushed it over with his backhoe and broke the last 12-18" of the core off to get it to fall away from a busy highway.We need a chainsaw smiley or a stuffed screaming beaver!:lmao2::lmao:

The last couple of pics remind me of a Big old growth cotton wood a friend and me tried to cut down with my 20" 036 Pro, took out a huge notch as far as my 20" and I were comfy with and then walked around the tree and made a complete circle 20" deep around the tree and then my buddy pushed it over with his backhoe and broke the last 12-18" of the core off to get it to fall away from a busy highway.

We need a chainsaw smiley or a stuffed screaming beaver!:lmao2::lmao:

I second that one Mikey.:moon:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5548[/ATTACH] Kind of like this tree you can see my 16" stick on the tree and the chainsaw on the ground...

How do you like the wrap around handle on there? I just have a plain 460 with a 25 inch bar. I have never used one with that handle.