• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tires: Treadwright

Rogan

Scaled it this afternoon.. 1/8 tank fuel, bed empty Fr: 4140 Rr: 2840 Truck: 7220 Hows the ends not add up to the total? 6980 doesn't equal 7220.. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That is rather strange. :think:

#240 difference... you sure you didn't hop out of the truck while it was getting weighed the first time? I'm guessing you had a full length truck pad, make sure you have the weighed axle on as far the pad without having the other axle onboard. Then, if you can, don't drive ahead to weigh the rear axle from other end of pad. (back up, turn around and back onto the scale to weigh the rear axle.) Your rear axle will be in same spot as front was.

Scaled it this afternoon.. 1/8 tank fuel, bed empty Fr: 4140 Rr: 2840 Truck: 7220 Hows the ends not add up to the total? 6980 doesn't equal 7220.. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

They must use that new math..

Just make sure theyre not building excessive heat at the lower pressures if your running loaded like that. Glad theyre working out for you, I'll be in the market for a set before winter and might take a closer look at a set of all seasons.

JR, I'm monitoring them with my IR temp gun. they're still a tad warmer on the center than the edges, but by about 10*F. I'm keeping an eye on them, for sure. with a rear weight (empty of under 3000lb, I can't see where 30-45psi would be a problem. Even my trailer loaded, I'm still at maybe 4000lb rear truck axle weight, at most. We'll see :)
  • Like 1

I still must strenuously disagree with this method of tire pressure calculation. The logic is sound, but you cannot run a tire flat safely! By this logic, an empty trailer should have tires around 7-10psi. No!Many commercial tires will have a load table published suggesting inflation pressures for given loads. Follow those! If your tire doesn't have one published, look for similar tires and use them as a guideline. the very most critical thing in a dual tire setup is that the sidewalls do not contact each other. That'll build heat very quickly and lead to failure. Running such low pressures in your duals I hope they have a large amoun of clearance between the sidewalls to account for flex when you hit bumps or for the quick load you take while underinflated. Tapatalking in traffic

• Like 2

Just make sure theyre not building excessive heat at the lower pressures if your running loaded like that. Glad theyre working out for you, I'll be in the market for a set before winter and might take a closer look at a set of all seasons.

This tire saga is starting to turn into a parallel of my trans saga :tongue:
  • Like 1

How are they holding up Rick? I have never been a dually owner and havent paid much attention to them but what Mindless is saying seems logical. Most any tire will have the weight ratings stamped on the casing for a single wheel and a dual and therecommended pressure doesnt change.