• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Location of Joint Connector No. 3

Does anyone know where the Joint Connector No. 3 is located on the truck? It has a few wires going to it including 4wd, horn and a few others. I am trying to trace a wiring problem with my 4wd and need to be able to follow the wire to this connection.

'99 FSM: Plug diagram: Pg. 8W-80-49 Location explanation: 8W-90-4 Joint Connector No. 3 Front Bumper Right support

JOINT  CONNECTOR NO. 3 - 8 WAYCAV                                  CIRCUIT                                                                         FUNCTION1       Z1 20BK                                               GROUND2       Z1 18BK                                               GROUND3       G107 20GY                                           4WD  SWITCH SENSE4       G107 20GY                                           4WD  SWITCH SENSE5       Z1 18BK                                               GROUND6       Z1 18BK                                               GROUND7       G107 20GY                                           4WD  SWITCH SENSE8       -

• 2 weeks later...

I did some more digging yesterday trying to find the mysterious joint connector number 3...maybe i have the wrong name for the connection i am looking for but i traced the wire (from the 4wd switch) as far as i could follow it (which wasn't very far) and it goes up toward the right wheel well. The connection im trying to find is in the diagram in the following link... http://articles.mopar1973man.com/images/2ndgen24v/antilock-brake-system/4w-abs-2.jpg Im not sure if this is a plastic connector or if it is just a splice or what but it looks to have at least 7 wires to it from the diagram. Any ideas? Sam

did you see my post above? 8 pin connector using 7 of the slots?

yea i did see that but the only issue is, is that i traced the wires to the drivers side not passenger side so that info must not be correct for my truck.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent some time looking for joint connector 3 this weekend but i had no luck finding it. I started on the right side bumper, check underneath near the frame and then behind the front right headlight even took off the battery rest. I could find anything, i then moved to the other side looked underneath by the fram and followed the wires up and saw no such connector...this one really has me stumped.