Jump to content

converting a raptor


Recommended Posts

My Raptor frrp developed an internal leak after just barely a year, introducing air into the system and causing hard starts after sitting for a few hours. So I called Air Dog and they got a new one out right away, no questions asked. They don't even request my pump in return which I thought was pretty neat. Now some of you may remember my post a few weeks ago about the Air Dog 100 I had the chance to pick up for dirt cheap. I ended up taking it apart, the motor was fried without a doubt. So rather then throw it out like the guy was going to do I put it on the shelf in the garage, I just could not see throwing something like that out.Now fast forward a few weeks, my frrp craps out, I get a new one on the way and the guy tells me he doesn't want my old pump back :evilgrin:. Out of curiosity I pulled my frrp apart to compare the differences between the 2 pumps. Turns out they're all common parts. I bolted the motor up to the Air Dogs Georator, put 12 volts to it and she made short work of a gallon of fuel! I can't hook it to my truck without hacking all my fuel lines apart but I have some fittings and fuel line coming from Vulcan. When I get it on the truck I'll update you guys with the performance and a few pics, but it looks pretty good so far.Here is a few pics for comparisonfrrp motorpost-11861-138698202352_thumb.jpgAirDog100 motorpost-11861-138698202363_thumb.jpgfrrp motor on the AirDog 100. Notice the little raptor sticker :thumbup2:post-11861-138698202371_thumb.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Finally got around to getting my raptor conversion installed, plumbed, and wired. I installed new filters, and since I had an old pump with an extra receptacle I made my own harness rather than spending close to 100 bucks on one through them. The only thing I didn't like the looks of was the spring in the return line, it looks like it has been cut down by the p.o. and was barely making contact with the fitting once I screwed it in. So I added a washer right from the get go, once I got it running it was still pretty low at around 10 psi. By squeezing the return line I could make the pressure come right up so I added 2 more washers (3 total) Its still barely making 16 psi at idle, I'm thinking I just need to order the correct spring and be done with it rather than keep adding washers although it probably doesn't make a difference. Haven't had a chance to really run it yet, will get a chance tomorrow when I run over to PA to pick up dads tractor. BUT IT'S ALIVE!post-11861-13869820508_thumb.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]5783[/ATITH]

post-11861-138698205092_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...