• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Interesting oil filter

Over the last few month Iv'e been looking into a bypass for my truck as well as the wife's new car, plan on keeping both for a long long time and it seems like a worthy investment. The Amzoil BMK21 is very comparable (they actually claim slightly better filtration) than the FS2500 and about a third of the price. I'm not promoting or demoting either system, this is just what I have read. I'm kind of leaning towards the Frantz just for the lower cost of replacement filters, it seems that many people have good oil analysis tests to show they work very well. The BMK21 is probably next in line due to filtration capabilities, low purchase cost, and parts and filters will be easily attainable for many years to come.

That's just not right. Clean oil is amber. :cookoo:

You are wrong........"New" engine oil may be amber ...................But There are just as many oil colors as there are in a crayon box most companies add dye to their oil. we have about a dozen different oils we use daily at work and they range from clear to blue.

Amazing ,makes me wonder how a similar test would work with other bypass filter's? I used to use Lubrication Engineers oils, in Hole trucks and Loaders, all of theirs were red, the gear oil had a almost metallic color to it.....Great stuff but pricey!!