• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

http://www.genosgarage.com/IN-DASH-GAUGE-INSTALLATION-KIT-SINGLE-99-02/productinfo/GM-DG-01FACE-9902/ Ive got boost, pyro, and fuel pressure on pilar, then ordered this from Geon's garage. Pull of dash surround and pull cubby hole on 2nd gens. Needs a bit of dremel work to open up for some gauges. I'm putting the tranny temp in there so I can put the wife in charge of monitoring that one on the towing runs. I'll actually put an angle collar for better viewing. Not certain its worth, the couple bucks, but when ordering and knowing I didnt have any materials in the shop, worth it to me. I like the way it looks.

Do you have completed install pics? I'd like to see that!

The thing about is, there are many advantages to the edge CTS. But think of the cumulative amount it would cost a person to buy all these gauges and the pod, wiring, etc. Your looking at atleast $600 for the shebang.To me, I would go with a CTS. But, considering I had 3 gauges in the truck when I got it, spending the money for one more was not a big deal...

• Like 1

The thing about is, there are many advantages to the edge CTS. But think of the cumulative amount it would cost a person to buy all these gauges and the pod, wiring, etc. Your looking at atleast $600 for the shebang.

To me, I would go with a CTS. But, considering I had 3 gauges in the truck when I got it, spending the money for one more was not a big deal...

That makes sense too. I'm gonna look around and see what's what, ya know. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I love my CTS.

Best all around tuner out there.

Only reason I would run something different is a more aggressive fueling stack.

Gauges and display are just awesome. I have a couple manuals as well ...

So you rock gauges and the tuner? How confusing is it when your driving or is it stay pretty simple? I'd hate to be massively distracted with some tuner thing staring back at me my whole trip lol! :lmao:

My setup

Not confusing .... And can switch guages on the fly .... Eg IAT ... Voltage .... .... Juice temp .... Fuel pressure snd temp ....

It also has obdii diagnostics for reading and clearing codes as well as track times for 1/4 mile and data logging

Posted Image

I'm thinking for now, I'm gonna get my egt, trans temp and fuel pressure gauges. That way I've got my basis covered and can monitor them now. After the G56 6-Speed swap I'll look into a tuner/computer aka EdgeCTS possibly. Thanks man.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking at the Isspro EV2 gauges. They aren't bad in price and Ive read some pretty good reviews. What are you guys running? And what would you recommend?

I'm thinking for now, I'm gonna get my egt, trans temp and fuel pressure gauges. That way I've got my basis covered and can monitor them now. After the G56 6-Speed swap I'll look into a tuner/computer aka EdgeCTS possibly. Thanks man.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking at the Isspro EV2 gauges. They aren't bad in price and Ive read some pretty good reviews. What are you guys running? And what would you recommend?

Those are good guages.

I have autometere phantoms - I like the loko of them and they have held up well no issues.

Just remember when the tuner, computer or display goes you lose all you gauges. But if you go modular then if a single gauge goes you only have to replace 1 gauge. But with the tuner 9 times out of 10 you end up replacing the entire thing maybe under warranty or maybe on your own dime. Something to consider.

Been there, done that, with my Edge Juice w/Attitude. . Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm a manual trans guy so... * Fuel Pressure * Pyrometer * Boost Those are the three gauges I run. What I would in your case is consider doing another 4 gauge pod on the column for the trans temp. I'm considering as a toy is getting a rear diff gauge and mounting it on the column and then add a toggle switch so I have a sensor in the diff and one in the trans so I can check either temp on the fly. 2 in 1 combo deal and cover my tail. :whistle:

Don't meant to steal this thread, but I had a few questions. I've seen your fuel pressure gauges set up makes sense, your boost I'm guessing one is through map sensor and the other somewhere on manifold? And your pyrometer do you have 2 holes drilled in your exhaust manifold for both gauges? also I have qwadzilla adrenaline with pulse 2 but I heard that electrical stuff isn't that accurate, is that the reason for mechanical gauges? Double assurance? I've been having weird issues with my truck for few years now, and I'm starting to think that qwadzilla box is junk and I should off went with edge. But then again I won't know until I fix whatever there is that is wrong with it. Also I like how I can have max mileage high idle and able to tune it to whatever you feel like. Anyway thank you for all the info.