• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Blend door in hvac box is stuck

After my heater core, evaporator, and dash cap install, the blend door would not work. It's stuck in the cooling position. I assumed it was a broken plastic piece at the bottom of the shaft, so I ordered a heatertreater part. Well, the plastic piece is fine. The door is unmovable. The blend door shaft is in position at top and bottom of hvac box - i can see that much. Anyway to rectify this without pulling out the hvac box again. It cost me $70 to have AC recharged and I'd like avoid that.Thanks,Eric

You say "stuck". Just to be clear, It's not stuck on defrost is it? Can you move the blend door by hand? Did you disassemble the unit with the stepper motor? If so did you reinstall the unmarked motor correctly? Did you reset the gears according to the directions? I was cussing the thing before I got mine working. Do you have mice? Drop the heater motor & check for a nest. If so stuff SS Steel wool (pot scrubber) behind the hood hinges where the cowl drain is... Water will drain through the Steel Wool but mice can't get in.

I take it you have tried to turn the shaft after removing the motor and it want turn.When you had the box out you sent me a video. Did you take any pictures or other video you can look back at and see if something was amiss before you put it back together? Thats how I knew I had clamps incompletely installed in my fuel basket a while back, causing a 2nd tank removal.

No critters, I just cleaned it all up when I installed heater core and evaporator. All vacuum operations seem fine. The blend door will not turn whether by motor or by hand. Hmmm, I forgot about that video I made. After reviewing it, I'm even more puzzled because everything seems to be properly located. The one thing I haven't done is try to push up on the door shaft. I'll try that and repost.