• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tornadoes.....

JAG1

• Staff

Here in Oregon there are two precasting companies that build concrete septic tanks. I've helped set about 3 1,000 gallon tanks in the past. They would big enough for an average family if you cut a doorway in. They are delivered and set in the hole your excavator digs out for only around $450, but, the problem, I understand, is when it rains and soaks the ground so much that they can float out of the ground. That's why we fill 'em with water a soon as they are buried. What to do there:think:, get them to drain?:shrug:. Probably order one without a bottom or set the whole thing in drain rock so the floor drains:shrug:. Don't know except $450 is a good price to save a family or two.

Here they anchor the tanks down using aircraft cable . I guess it lasts longer against the ground and water elements to prevent fast rusting of the cables. As for the tank itself filling with water, i'm sure they must be able to seal them well enough to help eliminate that issue. Sounds really cheap indeed, here they charge a couple thousand dollars for a tank that size. We get ripped so bad here in Canada for certain things :mad:

• Like 1

Here in Oregon there are two precasting companies that build concrete septic tanks. I've helped set about 3 1,000 gallon tanks in the past. They would big enough for an average family if you cut a doorway in. They are delivered and set in the hole your excavator digs out for only around $450, but, the problem, I understand, is when it rains and soaks the ground so much that they can float out of the ground. That's why we fill 'em with water a soon as they are buried. What to do there:think:, get them to drain?:shrug:. Probably order one without a bottom or set the whole thing in drain rock so the floor drains:shrug:. Don't know except $450 is a good price to save a family or two.

I've seen those too, precast companies will take a large septic tank type structures, and the lid is 'user' accessible. for the ground water issue, I'd just bury it just far enough to keep it above 'normal' wet level..... then COVER it with a mound of dirt. ( that way, the access hole is more of a walk-in, not a 'fall-in') That mound will give the kids something to sled off of in the winter too :thumbup2: Then, God forbid, if there is a total demolition of your property, that 'mound' will be a dead giveaway to the S and R guys as to your possible whereabouts!
  • Like 1