• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got a new toy today

Yes, I still have the edge comp and smarty stacked. I am gonna sell both of them and my vp44. Might have to sell my fass because I don't know if I can get any more pressure out of it since its the old style. A member of the forum already has dibbs on my smarty but if he decides against it then I will let y'all know.

I will, I hope to up my mileage. I keep up with every tank so I will be able to tell any little change after I get the timing and all set to my liking. I may go ahead and get another set of injectors and have them set to p-pump pop off pressure since I will have it all apart.

Cool, it will be good to know!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I still have the edge comp and smarty stacked. I am gonna sell both of them and my vp44. Might have to sell my fass because I don't know if I can get any more pressure out of it since its the old style. A member of the forum already has dibbs on my smarty but if he decides against it then I will let y'all know.

Keep me in mind!

Found out today that my fass 150hpfp will not work with a p-pump so I can either trade up with fass or sell it outright and buy a mechanical pump. I also got the rest of my swap parts today from the donor truck. I am gonna use a 12v tappet cover because it has the built in blow-by tube. I hope I have everything now except the fuel lines.:hyper:

• Owner

Sorry :ashamed: I am kind of anal about some details, folks like the adjustability of the electronics versus a set P-pump. If one is after a useable daily driver and still have the capability of high HP the P-pump isn't the best choice. VP44 with 150-200 sticks and twin turbos and H20 meth injection capable 700+ hp and still a usable daily driver by turning the comp down priceless, constant tuning on a P-pump to go back and forth not very appealing to most.

I got a buddy with a 1st gen that wishes he could upgrade to a VP44 truck for that exact reason because he's tired of constantly fighting to control the fueling power between summer time when he wants more and in the winter time when he wants less power. He's gone as far as milling different filling pins for summer and winter usage but still you have to pull over, get the toolbox out, and change pins. Mechancial pump are nice because they last forever but not controllable unless you breakout a toolbox.

Found out today that my fass 150hpfp will not work with a p-pump so I can either trade up with fass or sell it outright and buy a mechanical pump. I also got the rest of my swap parts today from the donor truck. I am gonna use a 12v tappet cover because it has the built in blow-by tube. I hope I have everything now except the fuel lines.:hyper:

Why wouldn't it work? You just do whatever to increase the fuel pressure on those. Plenty of 12V guys run them.

I got a buddy with a 1st gen that wishes he could upgrade to a VP44 truck for that exact reason because he's tired of constantly fighting to control the fueling power between summer time when he wants more and in the winter time when he wants less power. He's gone as far as milling different filling pins for summer and winter usage but still you have to pull over, get the toolbox out, and change pins. Mechancial pump are nice because they last forever but not controllable unless you breakout a toolbox.

Your foot is controllable..

• Owner

Your foot is controllable..

Yeah I know but his case is rather weird. I've driven the truck in snow and its very very spooky to drive. The only way to gain control is change fuel pins. Fuel comes on way to quick also he's extremely light for a 1st gen at about 6,200# empty weight.

Yeah I know but his case is rather weird. I've driven the truck in snow and its very very spooky to drive. The only way to gain control is change fuel pins. Fuel comes on way to quick also he's extremely light for a 1st gen at about 6,200# empty weight.

Same weight as me.. I'm missing a spring so if you drop a penny on my pedal it goes to the floor. You must train your foot!! I have to be very very precise. I love it like that :lol: