• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AC compressor oil

I believe it should hold around 7oz from what I read a while back. In my experience though new compressors usually come pre-filled with oil, maybe yours isn't though.

No, there os a sticker on it that says it contains no oil

• Owner

Correct the oil has to be filled in the compressor. Typically the PAG oil is sold in a 8 oz bottle. The compressor holds 7.1 if I remember correctly. The tag on the compressor should state the amount in cc's. The fill plug is in the side of the compressor. Just remove the plug and use a small clean funnel to pour the oil in. I added the full 8oz to mine. I spilled maybe 0.2 to 0.5 oz of the oil with the air coming out. But I've been good to go.Double check the lines to see there is no black death in the lines if so then the rest of the system has to be flushed. The flushing solvent is rather expensive.

I got the bottle of PAG, 8 oz. i havent looked at the compressor real close yet, just noticed the sticker saying no oil in compressor. On a sode note, after i install the new compressor, do i have to vaccume the system, really? Or if i just unhook and hook up the lines and recharge will it be ok. My system worked great, just the clutch took a dump on me.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the bottle of PAG, 8 oz. i havent looked at the compressor real close yet, just noticed the sticker saying no oil in compressor. On a sode note, after i install the new compressor, do i have to vaccume the system, really? Or if i just unhook and hook up the lines and recharge will it be ok. My system worked great, just the clutch took a dump on me.