• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Member- New Ride 83 F250 with 24V Cummins

Matt0matic

Wire nuts and butt splices, definitely some concern. The one picture you ask about the ECM. It is the PCM in the photo. The ECM would be on the left side of the block if it was left in the stock location.

Yeah yikes that wiring is a mess. I would invest in some Deutsch connectors, very easy and simple to use, just the initial investment of crimper.

I always liked the 80-86 fords. Good luck with the wiring. Found out about a new kind of butt connector from a CAT guru who was tracing down some internal wiring probs on the big truck I drive. He said they have glue in them and when you take the mini torch to them they seal up real good. Said he got them at Wally World. They work inside the valve covers of a big cat and keep the oil out and resist vibration so I don't know why they wouldn't keep out water and moisture.

I used to sell some butt connectors that had heat shrink tubing around the outside and a small tube of solder inside. Put your wires together, use your torch and heat them up, it shrinks down and melts a little solder into it all at the same time. They were made by Standard Motor Products. Very nice easy splice and seals up good.