• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Overhead Console wiring

My 97, when I got the truck, was missing the OHC. The plug is there, but the console is not. It has the black plug that has about 8-10 wires. I bought a console from a member here, and it's only a three wire connector. Apparently my SLT originally had the temp/compass, etc.. THis one I bought has a red plug, with courtesy lights and a pocket, only.I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to wire this one in.. I know ground and constant, but the third wire is for the door-open circuit to trigger the domelight and such. When the door is open, the yellow wire (truck-side) has no voltage. Close the door and the yellow wire gains 12V.I'm a tad confused, for some reason, as to how to actually wire these three wires..Help?