• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24 valve P7100 swap

Now the only problem I'm having is all but one of my lines are leaking fuel. I tightened them to 25ft pounds like Scheid said and it just is not enough. Scheid said if they don't stop leaking to send them in and they will lean test them but I don't need a test to know they are leaking.

Runs great but I think I will go ahead and pull the injectors to get pop off lowered. Smokes more on start up and I have to tap the throttle every time to start it. Its not as smoky just driving around as the comp and smarty stack was when it was turned up all the way though. My buddy has my scan gauge but I hope to get it back this week so I can keep up with my mileage closer.

• Owner

My buddy has my scan gauge but I hope to get it back this week so I can keep up with my mileage closer.

Won't work you can sell the ScanGauge II now... :duh: Since you now have the P7100 there is going to be no feedback of fuel data. Not to mention the rash of all the error code from the ECM still hunting for all the missing devices. The only device that will report correct error codes will be the PCM. You'll have to go back to old tyme method of fill the tank math method.

98, What did the kit cost you? I am not planning an install, but I have deal on a complete 95 driveline near me and I am trying to gauge the cost. Its a good deal on a parts truck basically.I guess on CF and whatnot I see 2000-2500 as the going price for a complete P pump kit.

I never could get the SG to read correct mpg anyway, I used it for the other features. I have $150 in cash for all the parts from the 12v truck including pump. With lines and all little pieces including sending my fass back to fass to get a new motor and all I probably have about $1000 total out of pocket in it. I sold my vp, smarty and timbo apps to the guy I got all the 12v parts from. I also sold my 24v gear housing to a guy on cf. if you can buy a donor truck for a decent price, you can get most of the parts you need and sell what you don't to pay ft te swap.

I never could get the SG to read correct mpg anyway, I used it for the other features. I have $150 in cash for all the parts from the 12v truck including pump. With lines and all little pieces including sending my fass back to fass to get a new motor and all I probably have about $1000 total out of pocket in it. I sold my vp, smarty and timbo apps to the guy I got all the 12v parts from. I also sold my 24v gear housing to a guy on cf. if you can buy a donor truck for a decent price, you can get most of the parts you need and sell what you don't to pay ft te swap.

Holy crap. I thought selling the 12v motor would have cost you $1500 to 2k. I am looking at getting the truck to flip or to part out.

• 2 weeks later...