• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

recent completed road trip..

post-12115-138698203562_thumb.jpgGot home last night from Independence Kansas. 1000 miles round trip. Took the '00 and the 24' flat deck to pick up a Vermeer round baler. I gotta say, I REALLY lucked out, dodging wave after wave of storms! Man, what a sticky hot trip..(didn't get the AC going yet) :banghead: Running empty, and bucking a 30 mph head wind down... I got about 13-14 mpg, running 65-70. Didn't fare near as well coming home.. :duh: I did have a little help with a tail wind, but that not-too-aerodynamic baler which weighs 7500# plus the trailer ~5500 kept me in the sub 10's for the return run. I ran about 60-65 max in 5th. Saw my FIRST armadillo! :hyper: even though it was road kill... Fuel prices ranged from $3.76 - 3.89, but it was a constant 10-15 cents less than gasoline. Burned up 5 quarts of wally blue, I was pouring a quart into the tank when a older trucker walked past me and said: 'good idea'. LOL Other than having a trailer dual de laminate (loaded of course) and the realization that I forgot to make dang sure that I had the wrench to remove that tire :mad: It was a pretty uneventful trip. Saw some very impressive storm clouds, drove through some heavy downpours, (got most of my Nebraska mud removed) and pretty much decided to GET THAT AIR CONDITIONING FIXED ASAP!

post-12115-138698203531_thumb.jpg

post-12115-138698203542_thumb.jpg

post-12115-138698203552_thumb.jpg

Was this the truck with the new vp and the "mystery noise" you were trying to track down? Did you ever get it resolved?

:ashamed: Mystery noise found. Resolved, NO. I had to put that on the back burner until I got more important things done; Calving and planting... Other than fuel economy going in the tank while loaded, truck runs too good for me to think it's a major problem. After getting it buttoned up (intake and all piping) the noise is not heard. Engine doesn't miss, has good power for a stocker, and gets 18-19 mph (overhead console) unloaded @ 60-65 mph. I put a stethoscope in the intake and narrowed down the psssh... it's either #1 or #2 intake. Now that I've got some miles on it, I should take off the intake elbow and crank it again and see if it's still doing it...