• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trailer/Camping spot pic

Here is a picture of the camping spot we had during our memorial weekend bear hunt in the Oregon coast range.post-12365-138698203637_thumb.jpgAs you can see the topography is steep, just not thousands of feet deep. Thats my truck and trailer. Probably not a pic for truck of the month, but maybe camping spot of the month. Also my first pic posting on the forum.

• Like 1

• Owner

Seriously that's what I call boondocking for sure. I love that kind of camping. Dragging the RV out to a remote area, setting up, and staying for a few days to enjoy the beauty around you. I'm getting itchy for a good boondocking trip. Most of my RV trip are down to Emmett, ID for shopping reasons but it time to head north with the RV next. Where to and when I don't know...Heck I might show up on Hex0rz doorstep for dinner one evening who knows...:shrug:

Yeah, I love boondocking. I hunt and have packgoats, so we try to get about as remote as we can. Slowly setting set up for longer periods of time and colder weather.Fresh water is my biggest limitation. Any ideas of how to remedy this? I've got a 30 gallon fresh water tank. Mostly for doing dishes and flushing toilet. I can dump grey water without too much guilt. But what do you guys do to replenish fresh water? I used to have a plastic bucket and a pump that I could pump water into from a campground hand pump well water supply. But the best we could do in the woods is a stream. I can go 4-5 days without being overly conservative with water.

• Owner

Some people mount a extra tank in the bed of the truck haul a extra 100-200 gallon of water that way.Like on my RV I've got 50 gallons of water. I typically will fill two extra 5 gallon water container and place them forward up up in the bedroom as extra ballast but spare drinking water. I've gone 3-4 days on 50 gallons of water.