• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

How long did it take mom to unload all that? If they want to barrow it, say ok and go stand next to the old trailer telling them to back up lol.

:nono::duh: MoparMom didn't unload it. Kelly and myself did. :think: Uh. As for the old trailer it got traded in so that would have to run down to Caldwell and pick it up for what ever price its being sold for. :whistle:

• Owner

Is it a dump trailer and do the sides come off or are they fixed?

No. It's not a dump trailer and No. The sides are fixed and solid. Price prevented me from even going that far. But I will admit the GVWR of this trailer is double easy. Then the dry weight of the trailer is lower than my previous. The tongue is so light empty I can pick it up and place it on the ball. Where the old trailer was so heavy not even Kelly and I as a team could pick up the tongue even empty.

• Owner

Wow! I love this trailer this is now my 3rd load of firewood hauling 2 cords a loads. Pulls like a dream on the highway even loaded with two cords of firewood. It's been so nice to go out saw up 2 cords, roll the rounds on the deck without lifting, and do it all in about 4 hours and be heading home hauling twice as much as just loading the truck. My body has been thanking me since I bought this trailer I can haul more firewood and not kill my back lifting ever piece 35 inches to the bed of the truck and then lift again to stack it...Nice part is I got hired to haul firewood this weekend with Kelly for another friend (Eric) and made few bucks being a truck driver. Funny part is when we unloaded in Eric's yard we buried his log splitter in the pile so now Eric got to split his way out of the pile. :lmao::lmao2:

• Like 1

Funny part is when we unloaded in Eric's yard we buried his log splitter in the pile so now Eric got to split his way out of the pile. :lmao::lmao2:

:lol: Mine went the other way around.. I split myself into a pile! You just get into a splitting frenzy sometimes and don't realize you gotta crawl out of it somehow!

• Owner

Can I borrow your trailer? :tongue::hyper::lol::lmao2::lmao::moon:

No. You can't barrow it. But you can hire me out to haul what you want...

MoparMan You live in a really beautiful area :thumbup2: Nice looking house also! What an awesome place! A place like that is where I wish I could live.

Thanks... It takes a lot of work to keep this place going. Right now everything is at a stand still till this heat wave goes over. Going to be another 100+ day here.

No. You can't barrow it. But you can hire me out to haul what you want... Thanks... It takes a lot of work to keep this place going. Right now everything is at a stand still till this heat wave goes over. Going to be another 100+ day here.

So what does it take to keep everything going just curious. I live in the city so not much to it.

• Owner

So what does it take to keep everything going just curious. I live in the city so not much to it.

8-12 cords of firewood - since I burned up my reserves I need to pull another 4-6 cords yet to cover my tail just in case like last year. I ended up working the forest fires till snow fly and wasn't able to get out to get wood so my backup pile saved the day. Approximately 2 acres of yard to mow, water and weedwack. Irrigation dam 1/3 mile back that has to be kept up for us and the other 2 homes down here. Maintain the power system, inverter, batteries, pelton wheel, etc. Keeping 2 Dodge trucks rolling, all the yard equipment (wood splitter, lawn mower, ATV, etc.) Plow snow in the winter time. Then typical house maintenance, painting walls, shampooing rugs, plumbing, roof issues, etc. Then toss on the fact 90% of what you need is in Boise, ID or Ontario, OR. So this now throws in the time and mileage factor. Like planning for a trailer. Drove down to look at measure, talk, etc. Then come home think about it and then drive back week or so later to get it in between the other stuff too. Like food shopping you could shop locally but you pay dearly price wise or you can wrap up your shopping trip to Boise, ID and hit WinCo and make a huge saving buying in bulk. Then bring it back home and put it away. So then I'm wrapped up with both Search & Rescue and Fire Dept. So there is more that requires attention... Then you toss on top that I deal with the server for my site "Mopar1973Man.Com" and 8 other web sites too... more stuff to handle. So right now tonight I got a fire meeting and extremely hot weather. Ugh. Kind of nice give me more slack time but not much...

8-12 cords of firewood - since I burned up my reserves I need to pull another 4-6 cords yet to cover my tail just in case like last year. I ended up working the forest fires till snow fly and wasn't able to get out to get wood so my backup pile saved the day. Approximately 2 acres of yard to mow, water and weedwack. Irrigation dam 1/3 mile back that has to be kept up for us and the other 2 homes down here. Maintain the power system, inverter, batteries, pelton wheel, etc. Keeping 2 Dodge trucks rolling, all the yard equipment (wood splitter, lawn mower, ATV, etc.) Plow snow in the winter time. Then typical house maintenance, painting walls, shampooing rugs, plumbing, roof issues, etc. Then toss on the fact 90% of what you need is in Boise, ID or Ontario, OR. So this now throws in the time and mileage factor. Like planning for a trailer. Drove down to look at measure, talk, etc. Then come home think about it and then drive back week or so later to get it in between the other stuff too. Like food shopping you could shop locally but you pay dearly price wise or you can wrap up your shopping trip to Boise, ID and hit WinCo and make a huge saving buying in bulk. Then bring it back home and put it away. So then I'm wrapped up with both Search & Rescue and Fire Dept. So there is more that requires attention... Then you toss on top that I deal with the server for my site "Mopar1973Man.Com" and 8 other web sites too... more stuff to handle. So right now tonight I got a fire meeting and extremely hot weather. Ugh. Kind of nice give me more slack time but not much...

So you are saying you have plenty of time for video games? :lmao: Ummm yea I'd say you are a busy guy! But I would love to live there. But being diabetic on a insulin pump I dont know how that would workout but anything is possible I guess. you will have to fill me in a good camping spots maybe I can convince the wife to go camping there :thumbup2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Oh I'm not too worried about it... There is friends around here that ask me to haul their firewood so I get paid a little bit for fuel and time and do the truck driving for them. Most of my friends either don't have pickups or small Dakota's... :duh:Not like I'm loading up and hauling across state lines... Basically going maybe 40-60 miles round trip. Mostly up forest roads.