• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge mph display fluctuating

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/carlhend/7A882EFD-08B1-489E-9841-71DBAB65C14A-1821-00000212176DF118.mp4 http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/carlhend/7A882EFD-08B1-489E-9841-71DBAB65C14A-1821-00000212176DF118.mp4 It has done this periodically over the past 3 yrs but it was extremely rare. Only knew because it would flash for a second warning that I was going 100+ mph while clearly not. Now since yesterday it has been pretty bad doing it regularly and even cutting fuel saying I was going 150+ mph while cruising at 60. I have the p1693 code which I need to get looked further into with a reader. Since the weather has warmed up the truck has had a bit of a miss when idling after warming up. Idles smooth when cold and accelerates smoother than ever. I'm afraid that may be a separate issue involving the vp44. Again, I need to get that code checked out. I did have the water in fuel light flash on for a brief moment twice a week apart a few weeks ago. Sent from mobile

• 1 month later...

I replaced the rear axle sensor and the problem was still there the other day. It doesn't happen on a short drive but seems to be real bad on the way back if I go into town. I suppose I'll have to remove the edge and see what happens but are there any other sensors?Sent from mobile

• 2 weeks later...

With my new rear axle speed sensor unplugged my speedometer still worked on the dash and edge attitude.I followed my front wheel speed sensor wiring and unplugged them both.Now no speed is displayed.For me the front sensors each individually and the rear all can make my speedometer read.Surprisingly.... This also fixed my rough stuttering idle that occurs once warm. This is awesome because I was just waiting for that vp to finally give out.Sent from mobile