• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Have a small pin leak in my radiator.

Not a fan of epoxy fixes for that ....... and to pull and get to radiator shop is probably $80.

Online I can get one shipped for $160. Anyone heard of these brands tho ?

CSF and PRORAD - autopartswarehouse

VISTA PRO - rockauto

APDI - autopartsgeek

READYRAD - advanced auto parts

:):thumbup2:

in fact I can get his one shipped to my door for $115

ToughOne or Ready-Rad Radiator

Part No: 431335

Warranty: LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_radiator-toughone-or-ready-rad_19920040-p

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Core Height:[/TD]

[TD]19 3/8 in[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Core Thickness:[/TD]

[TD]1 1/4 in[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Core Width:[/TD]

[TD]31 5/8 in[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Fan Included:[/TD]

[TD]No[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Inlet Location:[/TD]

[TD]Top Left[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Inlet Size(s):[/TD]

[TD]1 1/2 in[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Outlet Location:[/TD]

[TD]Bottom Right[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Outlet Size(s):[/TD]

[TD]1 3/4 in[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Row Quantity:[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Transmission Cooler:[/TD]

[TD]Yes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tube Size:[/TD]

[TD]1 1/4

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I .got the one from Advance when mine blew. I did not have time to review any of the specs. Teh only problem I had with it is the windshield washer bottle did not fit back properly. I could only engage on the the tabs. Not sure why, I have been on the road since and have not been able to compare the 2, but itwas not a perfect match. It looks the same and installed quickly. Maybe the inlet is a little low.:shrug:

Can't believe how cheap those are, last rad I had to buy new was for my little Datsun 280z for 250 bucks :spend:

Yeah thats kinda what has me worried. How long it will last and also fitment. But heck at that price its hardly worth the hassle of patching ...... and if I had to change it out a little more often ...... not as big a deal ..... Some have a lifetime warranty for $175

Well pulled the plug on a advanced auto radiator .... $120 with Father's Day discount ..... Limited lifetime warranty Need to check my leak source properly before I tear it off but likely ill just switch out and not worry about it. I'll update after I'm done with feedback on fitment and quality.

I was in a rush I was heading out for vacation with a pin hole leak in the radiator the only fast replacement was Autozone and it has been in for some 4 years. so far so good. not drive much but driven hard as tow rig only. WAS MUCH LIGHTER THEN OLD ORIGINAL.

• Owner

Radiator life typically is dictated by the cooling changes and flushing. The only way to get holes in the aluminum is to have the metal rot out from corrosive coolant. As for replacements I think most all radiators will work just fine and have to meet the requirements of pressure and cooling capacity. So beyond that it how well you take care of it. :wink:Dripley your rare case of blowing the tank head completely off.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys turned out the one I bought was wrong size ... so returned it and boughy this one on ebay. Radiator was cracked somwhere in the plastic ..... could have plastic expoxy'd it - but felt better just replacing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECTRA-PREMIUM-CU1553-Radiator-/310679943632?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4855f7b9d0&vxp=mtr Really one of the easiest swaps you can do. Basically requires channel locks, 8mm,10mm,1/2" sockets Disconnect batteries. 4 bolts on the top of radiator and remove +ve battery crossover harness. Pull washer fluid bottle. Pull overflow bottle. 4 bolts (2 each side) for fan shroud attached to radiator. Upper radiator hose with channel locks Pull passenger side battery and battery holder (optional - made easier to get to lower radiator hose) Lower radiator hose with channel locks. LIFT radiator directly out. Reverse procedure putting back in. ** I had to cut off the mounts at the bottom for allowing the radiator to align ..... which mean the radiator could tip out at the bottom. IN my case I just used a j-hook to tighten the radiator to frame against the lower radiator hose clamp .... works fine. ** - unsure why .... was a perfect fit on top ... but not on bottom .. All good ... no leaks and all new .... felt same quality and size as what was in the truck originally when I bought it ..... but that was ALSO a replacement OEM :thumbup2: