• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

clucking on the floor board.

in the passanger side with your feet closer to the seat you can feel like a clunking or kicking on the floor board. not over all bumps, but i dunno it has me stumped.i've checked the shocks. the control arms seem to be ok. not to sure how to check those, just visual instection they look ok the bushings look ok. i've had my wife sit there as i go beatting on the under side of the truck and she says i never do the same thing.any thoughts? my truck does pull to the right a little. but i'm not sure that could cause this.... thanks again...

i think i'll wait to get some leveling springs. then build new arms. i'm guessing but i'd imagine with a 3" leveling spring then the arms should be about 1/2" longer. giver er take some... as i type this. why did some of the letter go BOLD? odd..anyhow thank you all for the input. how might one go about checking the bushings aside from taking the arms out...?

classic control arm bushing symptoms. If you take load off the front suspension you'll probably be able to wiggle them around. Under load, the axle is moving back on that side causing your pull. Took 6 months to find this on my buddy's '01, we thought it was bent frame from a jackknife crash (we did some serious bushmechanicary straightening the twist in the frame on an equipment trailer with chains, binders, bottle jacks) but the wheelbase measured out straight and square no matter how many ways we tried. Even tire wear too. But the bushings were bad enough that while rolling the px side wheelbase was probably shortening near half an inch. With weight on it and sitting still it would settle back where it belonged though.With the prices I get, new arms are not much more than a pair of replacement bushings if you're staying stock. May as well save the effort.

• Like 1