• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P-pumped 24v, now no cruise

Not that I am aware of, the APPS should be part of the control system. With just a resistor I would think that the computer would think that the throttle is stuck in one spot.

If its stuck in one spot I figured it would at least work? I am electronically challenged.:cookoo:

It might work some, but it won't know what % of throttle its putting in and can only +up or -down an increment. I don't think it would be smooth. I strongly dislike control systems, but you should be able to hook up an APPS (even an old junky one) to the 12V throttle system.

I have my old junk apps and a 12v apps, might try hooking one up tomorrow.

Heck, its worth a shot. Thankfully you are running a manual. I can't imagine doing this on an automatic.

I thought the VP44 trucks didn't do anything other than tell the VP44 to inject more fuel, no pedal movement required. Am I wrong here? The 12V uses a vacuum actuator POS to pull the throttle (physically).. I assume you have this vacuum stuff hooked up?

I thought the VP44 trucks didn't do anything other than tell the VP44 to inject more fuel, no pedal movement required. Am I wrong here? The 12V uses a vacuum actuator POS to pull the throttle (physically).. I assume you have this vacuum stuff hooked up?

The late 01/02 manuals were ecm signal only. dripley has one. I think M73M's is also one of the ecm only trucks. The older trucks and the automatics had the servo system. I think that the servo is under the drivers battery box on the 98-02 ones.
  • Like 1

• Owner

The late 01/02 manuals were ecm signal only. dripley has one. I think M73M's is also one of the ecm only trucks. The older trucks and the automatics had the servo system. I think that the servo is under the drivers battery box on the 98-02 ones.

Yes. Mine is a fly by wire only PCM controlled cruise control. But from what I've learned from everyone here is that all automatic where vacuum servo cruise still controlled by the PCM. So I would attempt to using resistors to fool the APPS sensor to believing its at a idle position of about 0.4 volts, ground the idle leg of the validation switch. Remember this is shooting from the hip. Being that the APPS signal comes from the ECM and then is passed to the PCM. If cruise is set then PCM should take over control feeding signal to the vacuum servo.

[QUOTE=Mopar1973Man;77163]Yes. Mine is a fly by wire only PCM controlled cruise control. But from what I've learned from everyone here is that all automatic where vacuum servo cruise still controlled by the PCM.

You mean yours is controlled by the ECM correct? Mine is. That was the one thing that did not work on the 2nd efing rebuilt ECM i had. It worked fine after replacing the ECM.

So I would attempt to using resistors to fool the APPS sensor to believing its at a idle position of about 0.4 volts, ground the idle leg of the validation switch. Remember this is shooting from the hip. Being that the APPS signal comes from the ECM and then is passed to the PCM. If cruise is set then PCM should take over control feeding signal to the vacuum servo.