• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hoooot!

hex0rz

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/WA/Yakima.html?MR=1 Its a big heatwave hitting the PNW too! Arizonans, you can keep your HEAT! The rv thermostat said 95 when I got home. Both AC's running. Put the awning out, seemed to help a little... Work was fun... Atleast I only have to work 10 hour days in it instead of 12's. Sweet 4th of July, my saving grace! It was reported to be 19% humidity, but walking out, you would swear 100%!! :surrender:

• Owner

Hex0rz...It was 101*F here at the house for a high and 110*F in Riggins, ID today as my buddy Kelly told me tonight. Tomorrow is suppose to be the hottest day yet. Suppose to reach 104*F. It was so hot today we had to abandon the living room and shut down the computers 86-88*F in the house and go down in the basement. At least there the rooms are maybe 70-73*F. Man... It sucks I get a phone call tonight to do A/C recharge on 2 Dodge Vans for the rafting company in Riggins, ID. I told the owner that I want to have access to the Van early morning to get the job done.But really what is bothering me is the haze tonight. It looks like a smoke haze blowing in from the west looking north of the house. Man this is not the time to end up with a fire call. :rolleyes:

I've been to vegas at 120F and 5-10% humidity and it was fine. We get 80+% humidity here and 80F can feel hotter than the 120F. It absolutely sucks. You can sweat all you want but I swear it just makes it worse.

Last year it was 90 to 100 degrees with 80 to 90% humidity. I loved it. For once I wasn't cold. Milking cows in the barn was a warm sweaty job, but I don't mind that. In August of 2012 I flew out to Spokane to visit family and we ended up going to the Northern Idaho State Fair(if that's not the right name, I am sorry) in Coeur d'Alene. It was 92 degrees with 25% humidity. A bunch of people we talked to complained about the heat. I thought it was very nice.

We are still trying to dry out over here. Thursday we got record rainfalls of 2" to 2 1/2" of rain PER HOUR for Nearly 3 straight hours and then around 1/2" an hour through late afternoon. I have never seen it rain so hard in my life, it was literally like a sheet of rain coming down nonstop. I ended up leaving work to run home and check on the basement at home fearing it would be flooding but to my relief it stayed very dry. (Our house sits on high ground) The sump ran nonstop most of the day though, so the wife stayed around to monitor it and I took my little trash pump and ran over to my cousins to help bail him out. When I got there the water was past ankle deep but the trash pump emptied it out in no time. By that time his wife had got back with another sump borrowed from a family member so we stuck it down in the pit and ran the hose out the window and it along with his sump was able to keep up with the water coming in. By that time a friend was calling with the same issue so I booked over to his house to help get his situation under control. It was a challenge even getting to his house by that time they had started closing roads because they were flooded overHe lives on a back road and it was also flooded over but I pushed through anyway, hanging out the window as I was driving through some of the deep spots it was well up past the hubs of my truck. It was a scary few moments as the current was really ripping in some spots, I'm glad it wasn't any deeper.I feel the worst for the farmers around here, the beans and corn were really starting to come up and looking pretty good. Many fields spent 2 to 3. Days solid under water. Time will tell how they fare. It's been an interesting few days around here.