• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bit of gardening for the day...

• Owner

I had a project I want to try doing is trying to relocate the raspberry plants that are growing up in the lawn in front of the house. post-2-138698205517_thumb.jpgSo I grabbed a piece of 3 inch plastic sewer pipe and cut off about a 6" slice. Took the grinder to the end and tapered the end so it would cut sod and roots.post-2-138698205506_thumb.jpgUsing my hand sledge and a board I would beat the pipe down around the plant and try to cut out a sod slug with the plant trying not to harm it. Since this is my first shot at it I would be surprised if any of the plants make it. :whistle:Here is the original source of the plants.post-2-138698205529_thumb.jpgHere is the new location along the fence line.post-2-13869820554_thumb.jpgThen my monster thorn-less blackberries at the front door.post-2-138698205551_thumb.jpg

• Owner

I wish we had some thorn-less black berries. The big juicy ones are always down in the center, but it's worth the bloodshed to pluck the big sucker and eat 'em. :lol:

Believe it or not Home Depot normally sells those in the spring of the year when the garden department gets started for the spring. So I bought 3 plants of thorn-less blackberries and 6 blueberry plants. I've got 3 tucked all the hand railing and 3 more out back. I don't know if the blue berries are going to hold up too good. I do have a Marion-berry with thorns down by the guest house but nobody wants to mess with that gnarly bush. So I do understand the comment of the bloodshed getting the good looking berry.

This is stupid!!!!! I've been in the kitchen all day steaming off vegetables for the freezer. Mike has come and gone through my galley off and on during the day with his activities so I'm taking a break and sit down and hit the Mopar site. What do I get...I get to view what he has been doing. This is stupid, I live here and instead of walking out to see it...I tap his site. I can look out the window too. Did we really advance technology wise or did I get lazy. So Mike is moving raspberry bushes...that's lovely. Ask him to shoot a shot of that lower acre that is filled with more raspberry bushes. He doesn't even pick them....I do! We have over 5 different kinds of apples, several kinds of cherries (dark red, pie, sour, etc), peaches, plums, strawberries, blackberries, blue berries. The trout and salmon are across the road in the river jumping up and down. The deer are quiet now as they have plenty of grass in the high country. Yes, it's gardening time and we are blessed to be able to work at caring and harvesting His gifts so we can share them with others.

This is stupid!!!!! I've been in the kitchen all day steaming off vegetables for the freezer. Mike has come and gone through my galley off and on during the day with his activities so I'm taking a break and sit down and hit the Mopar site. What do I get...I get to view what he has been doing. This is stupid, I live here and instead of walking out to see it...I tap his site. I can look out the window too. Did we really advance technology wise or did I get lazy. So Mike is moving raspberry bushes...that's lovely. Ask him to shoot a shot of that lower acre that is filled with more raspberry bushes. He doesn't even pick them....I do! We have over 5 different kinds of apples, several kinds of cherries (dark red, pie, sour, etc), peaches, plums, strawberries, blackberries, blue berries. The trout and salmon are across the road in the river jumping up and down. The deer are quiet now as they have plenty of grass in the high country. Yes, it's gardening time and we are blessed to be able to work at caring and harvesting His gifts so we can share them with others.

I guess you've never seen 2 people sit next to each other and text each other either :lmao: Not kidding, tons of people do it..

Mike said, "Check the site, Mom. ISX is at you again." I knew ISX with his brilliant mind and sharp wit would come up with something. But I don't feel so stupid any more.....two people sitting side by side texting one another would win a prize for the lack of communication skills.

• Owner

Raspberries can be very "invasive" if you don't maintain them. :2cents::smart:

Good! I rather have a yard of raspberries than looking at all the neighbor garbage piled up next to the fence. At least you can eat the product of the this bush. where the bushes we have now at the fence line are slow to leaf out in the spring and we lost a few bushes. So I'm going to replace it with raspberries and then there is more to eat. * Raspberries - Red and Gold * Cherries - Pie and Bing * Pears * Apples - Washington, Macintosh, Golden Delicious, and a few others. * Blue Berries * Black Berries * Lost - Peach tree * Lost - Nectarine tree

• Owner

The berry "transplanter" tool is a slick idea. I have just dug them with a shovel but I am going try this idea out on the next project.

Suggestion. Make the pipe long enough that it would fit over the plant completely. Also I would suggest 4" pipe vs. 3" that I used. Then I would drive it down at least 5-6 inches if possible and hopes to twist off the sod plug. Most of mine won't do it so I had to reach down and pry the plug up with my fingers. Here is what I meant about looking at the neighbors... post-2-138698205786_thumb.jpg My delicious raspberries are just getting ripe. post-2-138698205765_thumb.jpg Blackberries are still behind... post-2-138698205745_thumb.jpg So is the blue berries... post-2-138698205755_thumb.jpg Then home sweet home... Something for Rogan to drool over... :pant::lmao::lmao2:post-2-138698205776_thumb.jpg

That's pretty ingenious on the transplanter tool! A lady from church is sharing her 1+ acre garden and orchard with me this year since the wife and I are are renting. We get raspberries coming up all over in there! We've gotten close to 50 quarts of strawberries already this year. Raspberries and some seriously loaded blueberry bushes will be coming on soon. I'm discovering I enjoy gardening at least as much, if not more than, working on my truck!:tongue: