• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thoughts on bolt in transmission pan adapter

If you were reading from the pan it would be reading close to the factory temp sensor as it is located in the Valvebody which is picking up the cooler oil from the pan. I wouldn't make any bets of accuracy in the sensor being held to the outside of the line.

Sorry, delay in the response, I keep forgetting to subscribe to the threads! I was bolted to the return line, going back into the trans...I can't remember off the top of my head if that's before or after the cooling, but it worked for me... I've since sold the truck, so I can't check on it, and since I have a manual now, I don't have any need for another trans temp gauge...

Sorry, delay in the response, I keep forgetting to subscribe to the threads! I was bolted to the return line, going back into the trans...I can't remember off the top of my head if that's before or after the cooling, but it worked for me... I've since sold the truck, so I can't check on it, and since I have a manual now, I don't have any need for another trans temp gauge...

Manual tranny rigs need temp gauges even more so than autos if you tow anything with weight to them. I have seen input shafts and bearings literally turned to molten lava they have been so hot, when I worked at the gear shop we talked many heavy haulers into tranny temp sensors on manuals and a lot came back in disbelief of how hot and how fast they get hot and how much of a difference it made pulling in direct versus OD on them. As far as the auto tranny the rear line going into the tranny is the cold line coming back from the cooler circuit, the front line is the hot line from the TC..

What am I missing? I removed the stock elect pick up right where the oil leaves the tranny going to the cooler and installed my temp, sender. Figured the stock set up would only notify me long after it was to hot for my taste. Stock unit removed throws no code.

What am I missing? I removed the stock elect pick up right where the oil leaves the tranny going to the cooler and installed my temp, sender. Figured the stock set up would only notify me long after it was to hot for my taste. Stock unit removed throws no code.

Not sure what you removed but the stock sensor is integrated into the valve body inside the tranny.:think: The hot line leaving the tranny for the cooler circuit is the front line on the driver side of the tranny and there is no factory sensor in that area.

Not sure what you removed but the stock sensor is integrated into the valve body inside the tranny.:think: The hot line leaving the tranny for the cooler circuit is the front line on the driver side of the tranny and there is no factory sensor in that area.

On my old 94 and current 2001 the sender was right next to the tranny on drivers side tube going to the cooler.

From my understanding, the OE temp sensor is in the Pressure Sensor module that is mounted next to the Gov. Pressure Solenoid. That would be the case for all 47RE ('96-up). Your '94 was a 47RH. It has an externally-mounted temp sensor.
  • Like 1