• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fire Call

• Owner

Are you a combi-paid volunteer, paid per call, hourly, etc?

Not quote sure which method this year as of yet...:think:

Looks like you had fun moppin' up!

Actually mopping up 2 fires now. Funny... I thought I was going to have the day off and my Fire Chief called me to drive the tender again. :duh: So I packed up this morning and hauled back out to the fire line again. I know I'll be free tomorrow. The big 4,000 gallon tender isn't requested and only need the smaller 1,200 tender so my buddy Kelly and Chad are going to run tomorrow and I ge the day off. So here I'm posting again at midnight... :whistle:

• Owner

I'm finally completed both Electronic Site Fire and the Rough Creek Fire. I'm not officially off duty from both fires and now back to normal life again. I'll admit I'm a bit sore and tire not that sitting next to a water tender and filling engines with water was tough job, it's just that long days and short nights tend to eat at you. Glad to be back to a normal life.

It's a dirty job but someone needs to do it. Mike, You may feel that you are not doing much but sitting & waiting but you doing that job frees someone else to be on the front lines. And you know your truck... I think you under estimate your contribution.I'm glad you are home. Job well done.

• Owner

Actually I do understand really well just the fact we had filled 2 fold-a-tanks with 2,400 gallons of water and the the tender sitting there with 1,200 gallons saves the engine crews the 9 mile round trip down to the creek to draft water. So they only have to roll out about 2 miles round trip and load up from our crew and not even draft we will pump to the fill port or top load if they want. You just start getting punchy by the time the type 2 team leaves and you are back to smaller type 3 that isn't doing much. Last few day they might of taken 600 gallons off the water tender to give you a idea. Even the engine boss was saying we are not empty but figure its slow so we'll top off with water to given everyone something to do.