• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A Hair Loss Conundrum

dorkweed

My Dad lost his as a young man. I never knew him with hair. The picts shortly after college show about 50% on top. I wonder if playing with microwaves fried the hair follicles. NONE of the men in the radar lab had live children during that period, so you know for sure what they did fry. They had no idea how dangerous that radiation was.

My dad always tries to get it half off since there's half as much hair. :lmao2: 5 or 6 years ago I grew my hair out, almost to my shoulders. I hated it. Now I cut it myself, and keep it at a #2. :thumbup2:

X2 on #2:iagree: - I had mine long years ago, but when the boys got their heads shaved in basic I thought I'd give them a laugh and do mine as well.. It stuck :thumbup2: No maintenance and I do it myself -No bowls:nono:

• Owner

That's is something I can never do again is the short hair cuts. I was force as a kid for school dress code to have short hair. I hated it so bad because my hair would spike out being cut short and would require huge amounts of hair spray or hair gel to keep it glued down. Like wearing a crunchy helmet that itched all the time. So once I got to public school I vowed to never cut my hair short again. So the pony tail was down to my waist at on point till the time I got trapped under my pickup with my hair caught up in the creeper. So the pony tail was chopped off and now every thing is kept shoulder length. To this day I still hate when the barber gets just a wee bit carried away with my bangs it shows. They just spike out when my hair dries... :cry::duh:

That's is something I can never do again is the short hair cuts. I was force as a kid for school dress code to have short hair. I hated it so bad because my hair would spike out being cut short and would require huge amounts of hair spray or hair gel to keep it glued down. Like wearing a crunchy helmet that itched all the time. So once I got to public school I vowed to never cut my hair short again. So the pony tail was down to my waist at on point till the time I got trapped under my pickup with my hair caught up in the creeper. So the pony tail was chopped off and now every thing is kept shoulder length. To this day I still hate when the barber gets just a wee bit carried away with my bangs it shows. They just spike out when my hair dries... :cry::duh:

:piwwp:

An old neighbor who was half bald early in life always had a saying. "You can't have hair and brains both":lmao2:I myself am 42 and have a full thick head of it yet and it gets really curly so I keep it between #2 in summer and #4 winter, I am a simple clipper man as I wear a ball cap most of the time anyhow. Once it gets to #4 length it is pushing my hat off my head and the other thing that drives me nuts is when it grows over my ears.As a heavy diesel tech and farm boy most of my life even with short hair I have had days when I had to shampoo several times to get the dirt and grease and oil out of my hair.

I, too have the gain in nose & ears. As well as the decline of crop of hair on my head. I told my wife that once this 'peninsula' turns into an island, I'll be shaving from there on out. so we're looking at around a year or so away :(I used to shave my head all the time, but I sweat so heavily, that it creates a new problem :think:

"It takes a good man to grow hair upon his head...........but it takes a better man to keep it worn off"!!!:lmao2::lmao2::cool:

Hard to believe this topic has generated so many comments! :sick: Hate to think what would happen if the topic was something even more personal like brand of deodorant or underwear. :doh::wink:

feel lucky, my next door neighbor has a "condition", I cna't rmember the name (alopetia?), that ALL his hair has fallen out...the meds to keep it just wasn't worth the side affects. When he moved in he had a full head, now he doesn't have even eyelashes! I'm also gaining my father's eyebrows.....if you can believe it, if I let them grow out, they can actually get split ends! I once let them go to over 1.5" long...needless to say the g/f DOEN'T like it when I do that!

Hard to believe this topic has generated so many comments! :sick: Hate to think what would happen if the topic was something even more personal like brand of deodorant or underwear. :doh::wink:

Mennen/Fruit of the loom.:moon:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I think I have reply finger malfunctions too.

I buzzed my head a few days ago, to see if'n it'd help. It didn't. My head is still way "hotter" than it used to be when I had hair...............even in cooler weather like we had here last week................highs only in the mid to upper 60's.Maybe I'm going thru menopause and having "hot-flashes"??!!:duh::lmao::lmao2: