• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What truck to purchase

Pretty much the same as when a VP fails, hard starts or no start, runs rough, unusual blue or black smoke, engine misses, I have heard a ton notice the engine has a slight surge noticeable with the cruise set.How long depends on many things, how long it is run that way, if it is being worked hard at the time how the injector fails, slow or just sticks and floods the cylinder with fuel, which CR it is in, be it an 03-04 with better pistons versus the newer ones that will fail sooned because they can't handle excessive heat, if it just floods the cylinder and washes it down and scores the cylinder and piston, the list goes on but you get the idea.

• Staff

With most injector failures there are initial indications, and during a failure there are indications, the block doesn't have to be lost. Some might throw a code, but only if it is an electrical failure. Good filtering really helps, as does good fuel (lubricity wise).

• 1 month later...

I have a 2001 Quad Cab Cummins 4x4 short box and I love my truck, especially since I haven't had a truck payment in the last 8 years.:hyper: I purchased my truck new but my kids are not getting any smaller and that back seat isn't getting any bigger. I got permission from "head-quarters" that I can start looking for a new/used truck. I refuse to buy a new truck due to the $50k+ price tag so a used truck is in order. I have a larger 4" turbo on my truck along with the BHAF system, full gauges and of course 2 new fuel pumps. So, my question is what truck (year) would you purchase. I would like to stick with my Dodge but honestly I am open to any diesel truck. Do any of them come with a 4" turbo vs. the 3" originally on my 2001 Cummins? My new truck must have 4 full doors and 4 wheel drive is a necessity. Lets hear it, what trucks should I be looking at and why??:think:

Here you go ....... does everything you want and more ...... http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158555 There is a 2003 with same setup very clean in NC or SC somewhere on craiglist for $14k. :thumbup2: