• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How about the stock length suspension, is it OK or would I be pushing the limits with a 2 to 2 and a half inch lift? I just put a set of Bilsteins on it over the winter, I'm hoping I don't have to cash em in already :pray: How much will it affect my alignment if any?

Stock is 100 % fine, I just wanted a factory rake or even a bit more level. Any lift added will not affect anything, the coil rate of the springs affects stiffness and ride quality. Bumper will not affect the alignment on a solid axle rig.

Problem I was having was, the steering would hit the crossmember when I hit a good bump because the bumper was so heavy.

I would like to know how any portion of the steering would come close to the frame even if it was in full compression it should be clear of all things.:think:

is there provisions to attach the plastic inner fender well to these bumpers? or need to finagle up something?? I had the stocker front bumper off the '00 a month ago... Looks heavy, but I was surprised how light it was! ( I was thinking that the trade off going to aftermarket wouldn't THAT much.... :lol: needing heavier springs/spacers to compensate!) WF, I thought the snowplow springs were the same as the diesel option springs... I gotta set off of a '94 2500 parts truck... THAT truck was a real lumber wagon~ Without searching... what do these bumpers cost?

I just drilled a hole and bolted the outer edge of the inner fender to the flange of the bumper, There are actually a specific snow plow package spring that is heavier than the stndard suspension, there are actually many different part #'s for the front springs, the snow plow spring part # ends with 988AA. I paid 800 off e-bay for the one on my 02 with free shipping and I bought the ones for my 05 and 2010 1500 for 1100 each through a local dealer.
  • Like 2