• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel lines & pressure

I only have a ad 100 with big line from supply line to filter. I took supply line loose between filter and ip then ran pump each cycle it would pump 52-54oz. Could be a bad gauge(1 month old) sw is probably made in china now. THANKS ED:spend:

- -

I've seen where people have posted the earlier canisters like I've got are a major restriction but I don't see anymore of a pressure drop than the next guy. I love the steel canister with all the ports in the top. I use one for fuel pressure gauge, one for my low pressure idiot light I have to attract my attention in case my pressure goes to hell and I don't notice it right away (big red light illuminates in dash), and the last port I have a small needle valve with a short piece of tubing bent in a 90* elbow with a chunk of clear plastic hose stuffed over the end and ran down to the axle. That way when I have to break into the fuel system for any reason, I can bump the starter to engage the lift pump and barely crack the valve and watch the air bubbles come out in the fuel. I may have to repeat this a few times but eventually it will push solid fuel out and being its the highest point in the fuel system I can successfully bleed all the air out of the system without having to crank the engine over and bleed it through the injectors.

• Like 1

Stewart warner fuel pressure gauge went bad after two months. Replaced with ashcroft pro. made by smith instruments which is glycerin filled. SS copper movement cost 14.99 on amazon. Needle valve not required. Comes up slowly holds steady also it is adjustable.