• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Site Ranking

• Owner

The old saying of "quality, not quantity" comes to mind. :smart:

For sure the quality that brings us up higher in the list. Because now looking at dieseltruckresource.com (3.55) and turbodieselregister.com (4.31) both are quantity sites with poor MozRanks (quality rank). Look at both of them and they have tons and tons of posts and threads but still lower on the MozRank. Another reason I'm starting to document this is to watch our scores as of now for the next few months then when I shift over to the new forum software I'm planning on getting for the site then see if the software code is better and possibly push us up more. But I know there is going to be a sudden down fall too when the site changes and all the URL's change Google is going to choke hard. So I'm hoping with all the research of the software it holds up to what they say. More to come on it... Just not enough time in a day to handle this why the delay till fall-winter to work on it.

Its interesting how CF is the highest. Personally I rarely see truly detailed and verifiable info on there. Competitiondiesel actually has a lot if you look for it, lot of smart guys who are willing to share. TDR and DTR have never really been in any of my search results so I can only assume they suck though I have no proof. Then there is dieseltrucksite.com :thumb1:

• Owner

Actually TDR is a rather good forum IMO. Some very sharp mechanics that hang around over there.

Problem with TDR is the threads disappear after a period of time and you can't read the rest of it unless your a paid member of the site. So those URL's are destroyed under MozRanking. This makes TDR a weak site for search engines because all the keyword and backlinks are hidden from search engines.

ISX Its interesting how CF is the highest. Personally I rarely see truly detailed and verifiable info on there. Competitiondiesel actually has a lot if you look for it, lot of smart guys who are willing to share. TDR and DTR have never really been in any of my search results so I can only assume they suck though I have no proof.

It's more about how often and how much topics are talked about and how common that show up that makes CF stronger. The detailed and verifiable part a search engine can't tell that's for the human to decide. As for DTR and TDR its not that they suck its because the kywords and backlink count is basically very low or poor. I know back in the day I use to try to post links out to my page with DTR and got booted because of it. So because of this bad management practice it pull them down in the ranking. Like Said before about TDR hiding pages this also does the same thing because now the back links and keywords are hidden from the search engines too. I'm learning from my competitors forums and web sites of what not to do to get the information out there for other people and find easy on search engines. :smart: This why the whole thought of changing software really does scare me a bunch because if done wrong M73M.com will disappear from Google in a matter of days and take forever to grow back into position again. This why I'm not just jumping out and purchasing and install just any old software but nit-picking it to death to be sure everything will go forward not backwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Its interesting how CF is the highest. Personally I rarely see truly detailed and verifiable info on there. Competitiondiesel actually has a lot if you look for it, lot of smart guys who are willing to share. TDR and DTR have never really been in any of my search results so I can only assume they suck though I have no proof.

Mopar1973man is my favorite site but you have to give it up to TDR. They spent years researching second gen trucks and tested everything consumer reports style. With all due respect to Mike, TDR was the most knowledgable place for 2nd gen info. A lot of people bought newer trucks and moved on so it has slowed down. What we get with Mike, that no one else has, is someone dedicated to helping us and someone who is always ready to jump on the phone and scratch his head with us. Mike's personal involvement keeps the site focussed. Mike's friendliness and openness make this a place for all kinds of members, not just for people with twin turbos (CF) or those who appear worthy (TDR). If anyone wants to look at TDR pm me and I'll send you my login. AH64ID is a TDR member. Maybe his view is different than mine as he is an active member and I just look at it occasionally.
  • Like 1

• Owner

:(

There is several different metrics used for producing these score and they change almost daily. I'm watching them closely for the time being and then watch to see how its changes when the new software gets installed this fall. Oh yeah... M73M is going to be switched over to Invision Power Board.

I noticed when you google cummins forum you never find this place.. I know cummins forum is a forum but those terms are probably what everyone types in.

I don't have enough URL's to compete with them. My site is too small to fight with the big dogs as far as that search term "Cummins Forum". As of today for the Forum for the keywords Forum - 129,984 occurances Cummins - 46,644 occurances As of today in the Article Database for the keywords Cummins - 856 occurances This why I'm always working on the keywords and watching them closely. This the other part that makes or breaks a site. Once again I'm just to small to compete with the big dogs. This was another reason I was asking everyone to spell out everything in their signature just help with the search engines.

Mopar1973man is my favorite site but you have to give it up to TDR. They spent years researching second gen trucks and tested everything consumer reports style. With all due respect to Mike, TDR was the most knowledgable place for 2nd gen info. A lot of people bought newer trucks and moved on so it has slowed down. What we get with Mike, that no one else has, is someone dedicated to helping us and someone who is always ready to jump on the phone and scratch his head with us. Mike's personal involvement keeps the site focussed. Mike's friendliness and openness make this a place for all kinds of members, not just for people with twin turbos (CF) or those who appear worthy (TDR). If anyone wants to look at TDR pm me and I'll send you my login. AH64ID is a TDR member. Maybe his view is different than mine as he is an active member and I just look at it occasionally.

??? I don't know... Well the whole idea of the web site was to allow me to keep my notes on the site so I didn't have to keep repeating my answers all the time. Then I got bombed by email and PM's I got tried of that so I started the forum so people could interact with me and others. I know I'll never be as big as CF or TDR etc. Sad part is since I've got no one building articles for 3rd or 4th Gen truck the site is dying as well. This is a realm I can't even try to fill. 3rd and 4th gens are not even popular up here around me. Still a lot of 2nd and 1st gen rolling around. Back to theMozRank part of that metric is how many links are made to the site. http://moz.com/learn/seo/mozrank

• Owner

Tom is on page 2 :whistle:

Tom also has a Forum named "Cummins Forum" I don't.

http://www.dieseltrucksite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Dodge Cummins Forum Dodge Cummins Forum

Once again keywords.

If Tom was running vB4 it would push him high in the ranking just because now the URL would have the keywords. Having your keywords in the URL is a high spot.

For Example: dieseltrucksite.com/forums/7-Dodge-Cummins-Forum (Rates high with Google)

Or having the keywords in the Title of the page is hot with Google.

So the best I could do is put the Keyword in the description which ranks lower but...

Mopar Forum: 24 Valve Powertrain Related

This is a discussion forum of the 1998.5 to 2002 2nd Generation Dodge Ram Trucks with 5.9L Cummins 24 Valve Turbo Diesel power train and drive line system. This includes all sub-system including wiring, fuel, oil, exhaust, air, transmission, computers and sensors.

Hey Mike.

I just ran into a guy on AR15.com who posted his 300,000 mi cummins up. I mentioned the site to him, and lo and behold! This is what the guy said:

Me: Very nice truck. I am on my second 24 valve. How long have you had it? If you need any info, I recommend forum.mopar1973man.com if you need anything there, drop me a line.

other guy:

Thank you! In October, I will have had it a year. I've put a little work and a little money into it (injection pump, rear end, front suspension parts (horrible death wobble when I bought it), and some other minor things), but I love it, and I didn't pay much for it haha. I'm a member of CumminsForum, and I've actually spoken with MoparMan on the phone when it came time to re-seal my hydroboost unit. Posted Image

the short of it is, you get around! If there is a 2nd gen running around, you probably have had a hand in it.

• Owner

That's the funny part. With the agreement with CF.com since I was a moderator over they long ago I've been given life long premium access to CF.com. I'm allowed to use links from my article database as I have for many of years (2/11/06 & 18,895+ post!). But I'm not allowed to advertise the site directly on the forum (ex: link in my signature). But it was agreed I could have my phone number on my signature. So over the years this back and forth communication with people is what has help me build M73M.com. So as I learn from others I bring home the information and post it in the article database. That the reason there is good amount of article for the 24V Cummins. I got to hand it to ISX for covering the 12V section really well with information. I'm just really short in the 3rd and 4th gen stuff.As for phone calls you guys don't have a clue how long I spend on the phone with a headset on? I get phone calls from people that are totally green to 24V and needing to fix it and learn why it died on them. So going step by step getting them fixed and then teach them step by step why it could of fail. Usually the owner calls back and tells me "Yes. You were right it was XXXX and YYYY caused it." If not then we go around with thinking caps on trying to figure out what we missed. I would say 90% I get them fixed the first short but there is that 10% that stump most people. I've had nights where I was talking on the phone way past midnight helping a poor guy in Alaska that last his throttle link on a P7100 and help him put it back together in a snow storm. Once again thank to ISX and all his article on the P7100 help this poor soul get rolling again.

• Like 2

If I'm alive and hear the phone yes I'll answer it. If I'm a sleep you get to listen to the answering machine tell you to go over to the web site and post your message there. :tongue:

Mike, Some day... Probably five years distant, I would be very proud to provide you with a MAFFS drop. Until then, beers (or scotch!) are on me in Denver, or when I PCS, in Enid, Ok.
  • Like 1