• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New member, P1698, No bus, no RPM guage, etc. Bad Wiring harness?

OK, bought the truck with high miles, 300k, and had an oil leak. Fixed the leak, wiring harness coated in oil. Cleaned the major connectors, ECM on the block, and the PCM by the firewall. Still get all of the codes; P0521 P1689 P215 causes P1698 No CCD P0562 alternator P0382 intake heater #2P0380 intake heater #1 P0215 circuit relay P1693 PCU OK, could the wiring harness be bad? Should I replace with a junkyard harness, or is the ECU bad too? Thanks, Steve

You need to get your signature filled out so every one knows as much about your truck. Year, make, model, any mods and such.Is the truck running? You say you still get the codes, were they present when you bought it? Oil on the wires by itself should not hurt any thing as long as the joints are tight and sealed.

dripley, Truck is running poorly, I'm not sure if it needs a rebuilt VP44, or new lift pump. the truck runs but it will hiccup at idle, and the check gauges will flash. With the mileage, I'm guessing a Blue Chip rebuilt is in my future. :broke: What do you think is better, live with the no bus on the odometer, no RPM, etc. or, replace VP44 and/or get air dog FRRP? Thanks, Steve

If it were me I would work on the electrical gremlins first then on to the fuel system. But it sounds like that is on its last leg also. Low voltage can make these truck do funny things. Get your batteries load tested and your alternator bench tested. Make sure they check AC voltage on it also. Stray AC voltage will wreak havoc with tbe electronics. As far as the no bus and ccd network we are going to need some help from other family members. I dont know enough about them.While I have a BC pump in mine and it works beautifully, they are pricey and if money is an issue there are other routes that are more economical.

• Like 1

• Owner